oneguy

DVR HELP - noob

Hello, I’m new to dvr's so please excuse my ignorance or any wrong doings around here and thanks for allowing me to cctvforum.

Long story short

moved into a house a few weeks ago and the previous owner had CCTV installed into the house - the DVR is located in the cloak room next to the wash room - the DVR is a 8 phase capable model(allowing 8 inputs - but only 4 currently in use).

after getting a home network installed this week, i am trying to Firstly get my DVR set up onto my network. after watching a few youtube videos online i worked out that i had to set ip's and ports and stuff - being a IT wiz it wasn’t to bad following several tutorials and understanding what was going on.

the image below shows configuration of my DVR

233386_1.jpg

*my intentions were to view my CCTV away from the house - so i had configured my BT homehub3 to allow port 8080 on 192.168.1.200*

anyway - i had checked my ipaddress @ canyouseeme.com and port 8080 was open(this is me at this point thinking all is going well).

right so am i right in thinking when i try to access the DVR in my Local network i should be able to connect @ 192.168.1.200 - as configured?

either way i get as far as this:

233386_2.jpg

i have pinged 192.168.1.200 - and i get a response.

anyone got any suggestions as to what is going on?

Thanks in advance

You need to open IE and enter http://192.168.1.200:8080 to view on your local network. To view remotely,

you can enter your external IP and colon 8080, but it's a good idea to set up a DDNS in case your IP changes.

I'm confused also, because your picture shows your using 192.168.1.254, not 200? And if you want to use your

cell phone remotely, you need to port forward 37777 to your dvr's IP as well.

You need to open IE and enter http://192.168.1.200:8080 to view on your local network. To view remotely,

you can enter your external IP and colon 8080, but it's a good idea to set up a DDNS in case your IP changes.

I'm confused also, because your picture shows your using 192.168.1.254, not 200? And if you want to use your

cell phone remotely, you need to port forward 37777 to your dvr's IP as well.

Luckyfella,

.254 is the gateway (router), the DVR IP is indeed .200

And yes, you should be opening both ports 8080 and 37777 so you can access the DVR from outside the network. That looks like some old Dahua DVR.

Thanks for your replys.

I have tried to open 192.168.1.200:8080 in my local network and that should surly work, using both internet Explorer, Firefox, android browser. And im confused because I get the same for them all!! A header a footer looking like its about to load.

Anyway, I see that its old it was installed when the house was made in 2008 but surely its not "too" old. Does anyone how how to update dahua dvr to the latest firmware ect, I heard its easy to brick these things and the website is far from user friendly.

I may have missed something, but what is the make and model of the DVR. I ran into this once, when the old DVR had software that wasn't compatible with the newer windows.

Dennis

the make and model of this DVR is a http://www.adata.co.uk - ADATA Apoll08 - as far as i can work out, but i can't find any information online about this model number.

i have tried to download latest firmware for this from the site mentioned above(i think was the right model - unsure of the model in the given list), but i following their instructions i think i have been unsucessful.

in the mean time - i have found a CD-rom located in the same storage room and has some software called PRO SURVEILLANCE SYSTEM. once configuerd with the relevant ip address(local 192.168.1.200) and port 37777 it seems to show the webcams.

somthing funky is going on.

You NEED to have http:// in front of the IP when using IE. If you had port 80 rather than 8080, than you would be able to just

enter the IP in the URL bar and hit the dvr. Don't worry about the firmware, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.