benko

DVR - Video over LAN/internet

Recently got new DVR, just for analog part, 8 channels, 25fps per channel. Satisfied so far with it, picture quality good, playback smooth!

Would like to get somehow that I am able to watch what is happening(so streaming channels) in network and on the Ineternet(using Andoird phone). DVR supports it(Android and iOS too), but user manual has really poor description.

Maybe you can help a litlle. Here are settings

233498_1.jpg

233498_2.jpg

After I enter IP adress in IE, I manage to connect, but only black windows, tried on Xp, IE7 and Win7 IE9, on Chrome plugin simply does not even work, same is with Android phone(says plugin needs to be installed, but plugin is only for IE) !

Here is screenshot for IE

233498_4.jpg

So PC's and DVR are connected to Cisco WAG160N router, which is connected to DSL.

With my phone I also conect wirelessly to it.

Firewall is disabled on router. I believe I do not need port forward since I can acess DVR but, but there is no picture ?

There are two issue you need to set up for you desire DVR to view over Lan and WAN. First of all, no you need to make port forwarding and/or DDNS, otherwise how to identify and pin out the DVR? 192.168.XX.XXX is commonly default for most networking device. Now you just set it for LAN so you can find out it exist but its not reall IP addresss on the WAN.

Second, as you mentioned, you use Cisico router so you better replace HTTP port from 80 to other number i.e. 90, 9090 and etc.

Not sure why but I needed to change IP adrees to any other. Now it is on 192.168.1.34(no need for port forwarding at all) and streaming via home network works excellent !

I even got it on my phone(MEyeprro app and TMEye app)

Now question is, how to get it working over 3G on my Android phone ?

I have tried enabling PPPoE and entering my username and password from my DSL provider but nothing happens ?!?

So if you have ideas, I am widely open

Cisco is block 80 port and some ISP also dose that for specefic use the port. And why you can see via cell phone I guess it may access via you wirless AP something else.

As I say most networking device is default 192.168.1.1 in Lan enviorment. If all people is use this IP add how to distinguish from million dot.

I can see it normally on any compuer/phone that is connected to my LAN/WLAN. Tried with 2 routers, Cisco and Thomson, both works same(they work, I can see live preview). So no problem with router ! And for mobile I am using 101 port)

I "just" can't see it over any other netowork.

So, as soon as I go off my network I can't acess DVR. That is normally, because when I am connected on collage's router of coourse that 192.168.1.34 will imploy nothing, siince DVR is not connected to that router.

So how to get live preivew over Internet(not LAN/WLAN) ?

I think I need to change somthing in DVR settings(pictures of all settings in first post), enable DDNS(yes my ISP changes my IP adress every 48h), PPPoE in DVR(if yes, what to enter in all those fields)?

I think you are confused. Its ok as you mentioned you can see video via any computer, may I know where are those computer does at same place with DVR? If YES, it means you are in LAN not WAN(Internet).

Why you say your cellphone can see via APP, actually, I know that app and I think you just type of serial number on app. Those technology is called Peer to Peer ( Or cloud), not allow you connect your DVR true networking without louse set up. But if you did noy set up port forwarding and/or DDNS, its not able you to see via browser over internet.

May I know where is your location?

I think you are confused. Its ok as you mentioned you can see video via any computer, may I know where are those computer does at same place with DVR? If YES, it means you are in LAN not WAN(Internet).

Why you say your cellphone can see via APP, actually, I know that app and I think you just type of serial number on app. Those technology is called Peer to Peer ( Or cloud), not allow you connect your DVR true networking without louse set up. But if you did noy set up port forwarding and/or DDNS, its not able you to see via browser over internet.

May I know where is your location?

Ok, I am not confused, I just hasn0t described it well.

So yes, watching DVR from any PC in LAN(though browser, entering 192.168.1.34) but not on WAN.

Ok, changed port to 100 for HTTP, 101 for mobile and opened them in router. Now what's next ?

Set-up DNS in DVR, here is shot of those settings

233883_1.jpg

Hi. I would leave a DDNS service till later and just use your external ip to get it all running first

on LAN .... local you would be using 192.168.x.x

but for away from your network ...WAN ..... you need your external IP click here will give you your external ip

http://whatismyipaddress.com/

Joseph, you have misunderstood me completely. I do not want to point to you that I am dvr/network expert, I am here because I NEED help. I just wanted to tell you that I am not a complete noob and that I know difference between LAN and WAN.

Will try up suggestions and report back.

I'm confused where you're at now. At home within your LAN, you can now see video picture in IE and phone and that has been solved? To see your cameras outside you home- WAN- you will need to port forward 80, 8670, and 101. You should probably change port 80 in the dvr to another port such as 83 or 88 because many internet providers block port 80. In the dvr you will need to see what choices they give you in DDNS. Hopefully one of them is no-ip as it's free or at least, Dyndns. Then you'd need to set up an account at no-ip.com or dyndns.com and put your account settings in the dvr in user name, password, and host domain. Then outside of your network in WAN, in IE you would type in your no-ip host name- example benko.no-ip.biz:83

That's assuming you change port 80 to 83 in the dvr. In the phone, you would use for address, benko.no-ip.biz and for port you would use 101. In the dvr you should check your sub stream settings and make sure they are low enough that they stream well remotely in WAN, but aren't so low that the picture looks bad. You'll need to experiment with that. In LAN at home, you might get away with opening all 8 cameras in main stream but it would depend on your pc and how powerful it is to do that. Otherwise it may be better to open all cameras in sub stream even at home to avoid your pc bogging down. One or two cameras in main stream might be ok, but trying for all eight may be too much. But for remote viewing in WAN, always open sub stream.

Hope this helps.

Thank you, thank you, thank you, THANKS everbody for help !

Yes, everything works.

At first had problems with getting static IP (if I disable DHCP option in DVR router does not see a device, so was not able to get port forwarding). But thankfully router has otpion use same adress, so now even with DHCP enabled on DVR always is same (local) adress.

Than problems getting port, but now it all works.

So got DVR working on net (688x ports, where x is number that is depending on which intface you choose, mobile or http). I believe my ISP does not block 80 port, but never the less I changed it.

After that registered at no-ip.com set-up parameters in DVR and it all works

Thank you, thank you, thank you, THANKS everbody for help !

Yes, everything works.

At first had problems with getting static IP (if I disable DHCP option in DVR router does not see a device, so was not able to get port forwarding). But thankfully router has otpion use same adress, so now even with DHCP enabled on DVR always is same (local) adress.

Than problems getting port, but now it all works.

So got DVR working on net (688x ports, where x is number that is depending on which intface you choose, mobile or http). I believe my ISP does not block 80 port, but never the less I changed it.

After that registered at no-ip.com set-up parameters in DVR and it all works

hi can you post the screen shot of your no-ip.biz for mobile having trouble setting up my mobile iPhone using internet to view my dvr video please indicate if its external ip or internal ip and what port if for mobile or web? its only work on local using meye application on apple store

I'm confused where you're at now. At home within your LAN, you can now see video picture in IE and phone and that has been solved? To see your cameras outside you home- WAN- you will need to port forward 80, 8670, and 101. You should probably change port 80 in the dvr to another port such as 83 or 88 because many internet providers block port 80. In the dvr you will need to see what choices they give you in DDNS. Hopefully one of them is no-ip as it's free or at least, Dyndns. Then you'd need to set up an account at no-ip.com or dyndns.com and put your account settings in the dvr in user name, password, and host domain. Then outside of your network in WAN, in IE you would type in your no-ip host name- example benko.no-ip.biz:83

That's assuming you change port 80 to 83 in the dvr. In the phone, you would use for address, benko.no-ip.biz and for port you would use 101. In the dvr you should check your sub stream settings and make sure they are low enough that they stream well remotely in WAN, but aren't so low that the picture looks bad. You'll need to experiment with that. In LAN at home, you might get away with opening all 8 cameras in main stream but it would depend on your pc and how powerful it is to do that. Otherwise it may be better to open all cameras in sub stream even at home to avoid your pc bogging down. One or two cameras in main stream might be ok, but trying for all eight may be too much. But for remote viewing in WAN, always open sub stream.

Hope this helps.

how you add more than 1 port on 1 host using no-ip.com? mine i can only add 1 port in one host or do i need to create another host for another port for mobile? please share the setting for no-ip.com for mobile for web its working on me i use port 88 but on mobile not working on port 6003