Loki

Connect to Genie DVR over the Internet

Hi

Would you please help me with a setup issue. Have installed the Genie LTDVRSE today.

Setup and problem below

DVR Config

IP 192.168.1.62

Mask 255.255.255.0

Gate 192.168.1.254

DNS 192.168.1.254

HTTP: 88

Server: 6036

Internally can use SuperLivePro app connecting to 192.168.1.62:88

Internally can use IE connecting to http://192.168.1.62:88

BT HomeHub Config

Port 88 forwarded through the router (not using dyndns yet but will do once forwarding and remote access sorted)

Application created called myDVR which maps port incoming 88 to 88 on the internal LAN

This Application has been applied to the defined IP address of 192.168.1.62 (the DVR)

Canyouseeme.org confirms that port 88 is open and visible

External connection:

• IE prompts for a software download

• IE then prompts for a username and password, but the fails to connect

• SuperLivePro app hangs for a while and then reports “Failed to connect to server”

I wonder whether there is a setting on the DVR that needs ticking to allow remote access? this would explain why i can connect on the LAN but not remote, even though port forwarding appears to be working okay?

Can you tell me what the "Server Port" (set to 6036) is for please?

Do I also need to forward port 6036? Pretty sure I don't, IE and SuperLivePro don't appear to need it on the internal LAN?

Thanks

Loki

I don't know what the server port is for, but I would suggest forwarding it the same as you did port 88, it may be handling the actual connection via the software, but I am not sure.

I agree, forward any and all ports that are listed when initially setting up any DVR. If you find out later that you don't need one, you can then disable it. Port forwarding isn't necessary within the LAN, but is for the WAN.

Dennis