darkulti

Video Insight vs. GeoVision

why 480? unless you require the 480fps your wasting your money. most likely you only need a 120 because you'll get pretty good video at 7fps per cam @ 16 cams. if you need 32 cams, go with a 240fps.

The 480 (if you use the total fps) will require a pretty strong CPU Server combo. Miniums are listed but I can tell you that if your are running 16 cams at 640x480 or higher you'll need a dual core with some butt. AND your going to need a terra for storage.

Most beginers think that bigger is better quality...........and it is, but what you don't realize it that you don't need it. I could run a 60fps card with 10 cams at 640x480 and get decent video. My DEMO is a "old" Dell 2.5Ghz with a 60fps in it and it works fine for show and tell.

Oh, to answer the question. I won't because I am a Video Insight retailer. One reason why I went with Video Insight was because the total product, support included, was the best available for the money spent. You have to make your decision on what is better based on how much you got to spend and what you get, in terms of features in software and available QUALITY technical support,. Thomas, at VI, or can help you detail these out if you need help on the VI features. I can also help you but I am more geared for the coorporate market.

Video Insight all the way. I personally haven't had the opportunity to try them, but come on, Quality product, made and supported by a US based company, quality support, plus Thomas here is their lead technical person. What more could one want?

VST_Man, G22, and Securitymaster Thanks for your posts.

I will take your advice to go with Video Insight (VI), probably VJ240.

the main difference is the software .. ofcourse the cards are made by 2 different manufacturers as well ..

Im happy with the Geo 480fps system though, got it in a night club and it rocks .. course it was built by VueStar, not myself .. nice though, great quality video .. sweet

A point to clear up. I was never the lead support person. Phillip, is our lead support person. And I'm now on the sales rather then support side.

G22, Geo has changed alot since you last used it .. no more blinking eyes and totally different GUI all together .. and definately no dongles.

Eh, pay raise plus change of pace. Plus phone support is tough to do for a long time. It helps alot that when you're dealing with dealers they understand that you aren't trying to be a jerk but trying isolate the problem. And if you think I'm good, Phillip is better.

Rory: How is it that you have a different interface than I do? I thought that 7.05 was the most recent version available. Did you modify it yourself?

Yes he's quite the programmer. I have had no blinking eyes for a while thanks to Rory.

Not to mention his interface is a lot better looking than the current one.

And his remote viewer looks better and works better than the one that is supplied with the Geo.

Maybe they should give them a job.

Or even better, he should package his mods and include an installer, then sell it. I would pay a little cash for a customized interface. Have you ever thought of that, Rory?

Ive thought about it, will have to do some more research on whether it is feasable. Basically the new Geo version coming out shortly has customized skin software, built in.

My Geo has blinking eyes... what's up with that? I have ver 7.05.

Same here. I upgraded, same thing.

BTW, I am selling this GEO card (GV800-4) soon. Too many software problems.

geo_gui_chrome_sm.jpg

geo_gui_aqua_sm.jpg

geo_gui_blue_sm.jpg

And the Chrome View Log: This is all with version 7.04 btw.

geo_gui_log_chrome_sm.jpg

Edited by Guest

Those look great, Rory. I wish they would have done something like that from the beginning. The "skin" they include looks like something from Windows 3.1. I've seen a preview somewhere of the new skin from Geo, but I don't want to have to wait for it.

How did you do that and how long did it take you? Did you use a SDK or something?

i use the current software, no SDK.

Basically the live monitoring is easy, the view log is totally different though so requires some PSP work. Reason it is different is the built in command buttons are different in the new software compared to what we have.

Once you get used to the commands and .ini files then it isnt that hard. The graphic work is the hardest part. Also the fact that there are so many unused images its hard to tell at first, what is what.

This is actually the new Skin, for the new software, its just customized to work with the old software. Obviously I could spend alot more time and edit just about everything, even add in my own buttons and what not, but i liked their version

Maybe took a few weeks on the initial skin (thats on and off, not straight through), including the ViewLog part, which was where all the time was spent. The 2 blue ones i just did tonight.

i've only done this for 1024x768 NTSC for now as thats all i use.

Geo's New Software is going to be really nice, this time they spent alot of time on the GUI, and other new features I imagine they are still ironing out.

Rory