Sign in to follow this  
luckyfella

IP for a bar

In a couple of weeks, I'm installing some cameras for an Irish bar. It's not totally dark, but at night, it could get dim in there. The owner wants IP cameras and wants them small and not too obvious. I haven't installed in a bar before, so for those

who have already, do I go with low lux without IR, or with IR? Thanks!

I would get a couple of sample cams and try it. Most of the cams with Ir give you the option to turn it off and just use the day night function. IF you go with IR and don't need it you could always turn it on if conditions change or you might have some of the IRs on in some parts of the bar and off in others.

Very true, thank you for reminding me. I can even remote in and turn off the IR's at night and see how they look. I can

also adjust the gain and what not. I'll probably go with eyeball cameras and spray them black if I can't get them in black.

As you posted over all if fine but you better keep eye on the lighting. You know most there is full of myraid of lighting, it effect some phenomenon you cannot image.

If you need miniature you check Axis there are three type for you pick up. But as above mentioned, you better get straight of which obstacle you will facing.