dorough

Using "Extra Stream" for Play Back

I may be getting a reputation here as "that guy who really doesn't know what he's doing!" But hey, I'm trying and I'm learning, so I'm not a total moron!

Anyway, I have a Dahua NVR setup with remote viewing. I can view either the Main Stream or the Extra Stream. Obviously, I mostly use the Extra Stream for faster frame rate. However, when I go into Play Back mode, it only sends me the Main Stream, which naturally is great quality, but painfully slow frame rate.

How do I get it to send me the Extra Stream for Play Back?

In the advanced menu in recording, you have to enable the extra stream to record along with the main stream. Extra stream recording is off by default. Set it to schedule so it follows what you set up for your recording schedule. Then just choose extra stream in playback mode and you'll have an easier time playing back files. If you need to backup something critical, use the main stream files at that point.

If you can hook up a monitor directly to your NVR, playback will be seamless. It will lag some if your viewing thru your network and even more slow if you remote in.