Sign in to follow this  
CSEETV

Smartphone app limit??

Does anyone know what the limit is on how many smartphones can live view a dvr? Does it depend on the dvr? I have a daycare that wants to let the parents view the cameras. But theres a lot of parents and im not sure the smartphone apps can have that much access. Any ideas or suggestions?

Its a dsl line. How about having an nvr onsite and sending the feed constantly to a separate server say at a datacenter. Then having everyone access the server at the datacenter for the live video. maybe a short delay? Do you think something like this will work?

Yes, if you want to add the added cost and headache of setting it all up, better off limiting the user login to 1-3 people at a time, being a DSL line does not tell me anything about their upload speed, however I assume it is probably about 256KB.

I have a daycare that wants to let the parents view the cameras. But theres a lot of parents

Hi. your new to installs and the first thing is to look at laws in your state or country for recording kids.

it sounds good for the daycare but its just going to be a headache for them.

parents will end up controlling the daycare .........calling every 5 minutes ..... why is my child not in view .....why did that child push my child.

off site recording by parents will be another problem.

CCTV in schools and daycare is a good thing but only when used to protect and not put out to the public for anyone to watch.

amount of connections .....

parents x 2 who then give link to grandparents x 2 Aunties & Uncles