Sign in to follow this  
mikevrichardson

pin out for standard DB25 to 8 BNC

I'm looking to buy a DB15 to 8 BNC cctv break out cable for a product I'm working on. I see there are plenty of manufacturers selling this type of break out cable but for the life of me I can not find a pin out!! All these products state the are for the cctv industry but I can't find pin out anywhere (wiring diagram). I have searched all kinds of web sites from cable manufacturers to cctv products with no luck. Can anyone provide me with a pin out? I'm not looking for the HD DB15 pin out for SVGA but the standard DB15 to 8 BNC pinout. Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike Richardson

I'm connecting to a board of my own design and want to use this type of break out cable to break out 8 75 ohm signals but I don't know how the break out cable is wired. Is this a cctv standard type of cable? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Mike R

mikevrichardson,

The reason why they use sub DVI type (15 pin, 25 pin,etc) interface is just because they are cheap and readily available for the mass market PC components. There are no standards which pin is for which video connection or which pin is for ground. Some card suppliers may kindly put video channel labels, or not. In your case, you must find out for yourself, with trial and errors.

Thank you SunnyKim for getting back to me with that information. You indicated a "sub DVI type" in your response, did you mean D-sub? As that is what I'm looking for. Just want to make sure we are on the same page.

Mike R