walkerj6

help me wire in new cameras to my system

So I need some help. I searched the internet and this forum but im not sure I found my answer. I have a fairly simple system on my house. I have 3 cameras. I have them wired to a laptop. On the laptop (windows 7) I have a usb video adapter with 4 bnc video connections. I am using ispy connect for the software. Everything was working just fine.

I was using cheap bullet cameras and the quuality just went to crap after a couple of the colder months. I found. What I thought is a good deal. 2 cameras that would survive better outdoors. They are the Prodigy PD-VD550-49NVW. I don't understand how to I stall these. They have 2 wires coming out. A BNC video, which I am familiar with, and a green cable. Which, through my research., I discovered is a cat5 which is good fir running cables long distances.

My cords that run from outside my house to my laptop have a 12v and bnc connection. There is no power connection coming out of the cameras. .... so can I connect these with my system? If do. How do u get power? Please help

That green terminal block is your power line, its not using a 2.1mm jack

You will need to wire it up to a jack like this if you want to connect it to the old cable

238699_1.jpg

Make sure you waterproof the connectors or your camera won't last very long

I'm curious, how are your original cameras getting power from? It almost seems as per your post, your original cameras

only have a BNC connection and nothing else?