Sign in to follow this  
kingkongdaz\

Viewing CCTV over cloud

Hey Guys

Has anyone installed CCTV (home or business) and linked it up to cloud rather than going through a DVR, which will enable the customer to view there property via cloud on their mobile device such as an iPhone/iPad or other mobile devices, not forgetting home PC.

I live in the UK.

Also for those in the UK, which 1-12 camera dome set-up with good night vision (at least 600tvl) night vision 25 metres can you recommend? I'm trying to buy wholesale to sell on. We have Qvis dome cameras around our home which seem fine just wondered if anything is out on the market and if you can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Darran

Cloud is just server that hosting content, however in "cloud" same content shared between many computers if one goes down info still accessible trough another computer or when you have a lot of users if switches to next server when first reaches certain number of simultaneous connections.

Cloud might be an feature of DVR to upload live / backup to cloud i never seen it though. As well as i never seen feature of DVR to push images to FTP server to make live webcam page, maybe ip cameras / NVR's have it.

For my store, I use an app called CameraFTP, which uploads the video content to Cloud. I highly recommend it, since a number of convenience stores in my area have been robbed, but the security tapes have been stolen, which renders the purpose of a security camera useless. I've used CameraFTP for about two weeks now, and it's working quite fine!

Sounds like what you are referring to is remote viewing, where one can view the DVR from either a computer or a mobile device, this is not the same as cloud storage of the recorded data.

Are you looking for a cloud storage solution or a DVR/NVR which offers remote viewing?