Sign in to follow this  
strokey

Newbie help with camara placement on 2 story home

Hi everyone, I just got a job to install 10 camera system on a 2 story house. All the houses I have done in the past have been single story and my question is how hard or easy is it to get runs from 2nd floor to the 1st floor? or do I leave everything high. I am in Florida and the 2 story houses here have solid concrete between 1st ans 2nd floor. I am trying not to run cables on the walls outside of house down to first floor. any ideas please.

Thanks

Question defines answer, when you give little details, answer will be brief as well.

I am new too CCTV, but installed cameras in my duplex, its 2 story too, however i put cameras at same height just like if it was one story building, there's no point to put higher otherwise you will have some panorama view without any details, in my opinion its important to capture face of intruder, not just the fact that someone with blurry face or in the hood tried to break into house..

Can you send pictures or house and relative plan of the building i think 10 cameras is overkill unless they want to put some inside house like in garage.

I don't see problem having DVR on second floor, do they have something like security room on second floor with lock in case someone brake down house they lock themselves there and wait for police there, i'd put DVR there otherwise intruded could steal footage, if they too lazy to go up to check DVR they can probably access it from anywhere in the house anyway trough computer / phone.

I hate to install something in concrete walls, but making hole in the floor does not sound too complicated, considering its just one small hole with all camera cords going down trough it, you have to use BNC cord that don't have connectors then add connectors to each wire otherwise hole you need to drill in walls/floor will be huge!

try this too http://bit.ly/1cByL5K

Hi everyone, I just got a job to install 10 camera system on a 2 story house. All the houses I have done in the past have been single story and my question is how hard or easy is it to get runs from 2nd floor to the 1st floor? or do I leave everything high. I am in Florida and the 2 story houses here have solid concrete between 1st ans 2nd floor. I am trying not to run cables on the walls outside of house down to first floor. any ideas please.

Thanks

The answer to your question will come down to what does the customer want? I have had customers which say run the cable outside along the wall because they want to reduce cost, and I have had other customer who want all the wiring run through the walls because they want it to look nice.

Thanks guys, to answer Ivan.....There is no room in between concrete to run the cables. I was going to use the attic space on the second floor to get the cables to where I need them then leave them high, but I value your comment that the height might create a viewing problem.

Sector, Thanks also...I think they would want the cables hidden based on the community, but I foresee a problem trying to go through the walls.

Here is the address to the property you can use google maps to see it and chime in with any suggestions.

15437 Southwest 20th Street, Davie, FL

Thanks again guys.