sf1964

people counters thru cctv cameras

The Geo based system does the same thing, counts objects passing through In and Out zones that you mask yourself. Some of the larger retail customers are using this as a means to see how many customers they get visitng their stores.

Scottj

Ya this isn't new there are tons of different technologies that can do this from stand alone door chimes with counters that can integrate into your current alarm or cctv system to dvr's that count the motion detects but none are 100%.

What Scott said, it works well, i tested it to count cars passing one way, and passng the other way, it worked for every car, but there is still the issue of setting the object size, which is where there are slight flaws - different sized objects, irregular sized objects, and if you make it too small, it will count objects you dont want.

I tested this feature as well and you really have to setup it up just right to get the best results.

I remember Rory posted a link a while back that showed some very sophisticated counting software. Even some that could count people in a crowd.

I have to experiment with it some more as I my results were not great.