We currently are running 46" NEC P462 wall monitors and after 2 years of constantly running, they are starting to get dark spots. We run 6 cameras per monitor. Can anyone recommend another brand of wall monitor that works well? Could I just use a regular flat screen LED or LCD to save space? Are these able to display 6 different camera feeds?

These also have to be 1080p and 1920 X 1080 resolution.

Thanks

For the price of LED TV's today, why not just use them as monitors? They have hdmi inputs, they're lighter and thinner than monitors, cheaper than monitors, and if they go bad in 2 years, the price might even be lower anyway. As far as viewing multiple

cameras at one time, that is up to the DVR/NVR, not the monitor/TV.

That was my thought as well but after researching some of these monitors, some of them say they have a 10 X 10 matrix. I'm not sure what that means but I was thinking that we could by a cheaper TV with better resolution to use instead. I'm not sure how these TV's would hold up since they would be running 24/7. I am not sure about the difference between commercial grade surveillance monitor walls and LED TV's. Can anyone enlighten me? Would a regular LED TV be able to handle it?

I had to install 6 32inch Orion monitors for a customer at my job. We had 3 out of 6 of these very expensive Orion monitors go

bad within 2 days of install. We had to pull them down, send them to Orion and wait for new ones since our distributor doesn't

stock them. They are expensive and special order cause not too many people use them considering the cheap price of TV's today.

And on top of all that, I was not impressed with the image AT ALL. They were thick and bulky, and for the price of the 32inch, my boss could have bought 2 or 3 55inch LED tv's!

We currently are running 46" NEC P462 wall monitors and after 2 years of constantly running, they are starting to get dark spots. We run 6 cameras per monitor. Can anyone recommend another brand of wall monitor that works well? Could I just use a regular flat screen LED or LCD to save space? Are these able to display 6 different camera feeds?

These also have to be 1080p and 1920 X 1080 resolution.

Thanks

All NEC public monitors have 3 year warranty

Also if this is for a customer then I would not use a domestic tv

That was my thought as well but after researching some of these monitors, some of them say they have a 10 X 10 matrix. I'm not sure what that means but I was thinking that we could by a cheaper TV with better resolution to use instead. I'm not sure how these TV's would hold up since they would be running 24/7. I am not sure about the difference between commercial grade surveillance monitor walls and LED TV's. Can anyone enlighten me? Would a regular LED TV be able to handle it?

Domestic TVs are not designed to run 24x7x365.

In addition, commercial use of domestic TVs probably voids the warranty or limits it to 3 months (check the fine print).

You will probably find that it is not the screens that are generating the multi image display matrix, but a computer or other display wall device with HDMI or DVI output.

Commercial screens such as NEC are also manufactured by Barco, Sony, LG, Philips, AG Neovo etc.

Ilkie

Thanks for all of your help.

Does anyone know how good Pelco's monitors are? Or any other brand for that matter? I will check on the NEC warranty. Are there better NEC monitors someone could recommend?

This isn't for a customer but our own company.

We had an integrator install these 2 years ago and they are getting dark spots to where you can't see some of the camera footage.