jeromephone

voltage regulators vs UPS

I am having a struggle with a system that has two geo nvrs both have crashed and my supplier has provided me with a spare and replaced both units at no charge. The customer and I found that there two UPS liberets were having problems as well as a possible ground problem. They replaced the UPSes and last week they had a surge/power outage and it took one of the servers out again. I am thinking of putting a tripplite voltage regulator between the servers and the UPS. WIll that cause a problem? I also want to have the voltage monitoring software installed so I can see what the ups is doing.I know you should not put any other programs on the video server hardware but I have logmein on these units and this would let me monitor the power remotely.

Frankly, you want a good online UPS, we install nothing less than HP R3000 UPS's (most sites are on 5k or 7k version), they can be had fairly cheaply.

not only will it make sure the power recieved by the DVR's is spot on, but if you have any other servers your protecting the UPS's can be setup to send email notifications of power issues.