Sign in to follow this  
shockwave199

String of robberies makes news- my cameras are helping

So the big news over the last two days is a string of robberies in our local area. Back in early December, the guy robbed the Subway twice in two days, in the same parking lot where I did an install for another business. The footage of the actual robbery is Subway's analog footage and the car driving through the lot is the footage from the system I installed. Neither is particularly impressive because they just point their news camera at the video on a monitor playing back. However, the pics of the vehicles that the woman is holding are the pics I drilled in to get great shots of the suspect's cars. As much as the actual robbery footage helps, so too does the footage from the system I installed. It's mostly because our system tracked his vehicles the entire time and because it's 1080p and even though the facility is a good distance from where the subway is, good shots could be had from drilling into the 1080p footage. Plus, I made sure their systems time was sync'd to NTP initially so he can be tracked after he leaves on other high def traffic light cameras. The Subway's dvr system was off by TWO hours. It's amazing how some installers can dump in a system and walk away without setting something as basic as the time! I've seen this happen twice at two separate places with two different installers. Time evidence becomes critical as well for sure. The investigaters seemed impressed with the results. It's a dahua nvr with 2mp mini domes out there.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/long_island&id=9387894

Anway, it's nice to know that something you do helps! Hopefully a collar is coming soon.

Thanks. And today I'm happy to say, the duo that carried out 16 armed robberies in total have been apprehended. Thank goodness for that. And why did they do it, in case anyone overlooks the obvious? It's the most common cause there is- to support a heroin habit. A life thrown away at 27 years old for a drug. Shame on all counts.

It demonstrates the true importance of the security cameras. One of the best example I can use to make our customers understand the very importance of these security cameras.