P Totaro

pcAnywhere or Remote Desktop? to view DVR

Has anyone got these application to work to view there cameras? I have tried both. Seems XP Pro Remote Desktop doesn't suppoet video overlay, so I tried pcAnywhere 11.5 which i thought supported video overlay and 1024x768 (my DVR card softwere needs to be set at 1024x768) . I can see everything BUT the camera's video. Any suggestion or other remote software? Thanks, Paul

Don't you have software that came with the DVR for this purpose?

Also you can use Real VNC which is a free to remotely access your PC, but it isn't for watching video.

What type of dvr is it. PCANY WHERE OR REMOTE DESKTOP FOR XP does video. Also I have seen installers keep the software for dvr's so they can control the customers kinda sad.

Buddy

Has anyone got these application to work to view there cameras? I have tried both. Seems XP Pro Remote Desktop doesn't suppoet video overlay, so I tried pcAnywhere 11.5 which i thought supported video overlay and 1024x768 (my DVR card softwere needs to be set at 1024x768) . I can see everything BUT the camera's video. Any suggestion or other remote software? Thanks, Paul

There are many solutions but personally I don't like pcAnywhere. I'd rather use VNC (many versions) or Remote Administrator. Besides, Geovision's MultiCam 7.1(8.0) contains Remote Desktop DVR (one session only, like XP). Nice feature and will be available very soon.