Sign in to follow this  
smokingjoe

Dahua CVI-M DVR

Hi all

Has anyone tried the HD-CVI-M DVR from GENIV (Dahua)? Everything that I have instilled so far has been analog cameras 700 tv lines or less. I would like to see what the video quality difference is using 720p cameras compared to what I have been using. I am thinking that there should be a big difference in the resolution while zooming in. My supplier only stocks two models of the CVI cameras and they have fixed 3.6mm lens. I am planning on picking up a couple to try them out.

Thanks Smokingjoe

Would be good to know, I also purchase through that supplier but have yet to pull the trigger on that technology. What I have seen from using the IP 720 eyeball cameras is far superior to analog. The CVI cameras look identical.

The issue which I would like to know is can you set all the WDR and BLC and day/night schedules on this CVI camera directly through the DVR? The individual set-up of each IP camera directly through the network lets you optimize each location. The settings in the NVR are pretty basic and don't let you do individual BLC patterns or schedules. The other issue is a lot of my jobs have a mixture of cat-5 baluns and rg-59 which makes it difficult to transition.