cavcom

Axis cameras with Avigilon vms? Anyone use this combo?

I love the avigilon software and preconfigured nvrs, but I like axis cameras better not saying Avigilons are bad I like the mounting options, more choices etc.

I know aviglon says they will work but what about in real life?

I love the avigilon software and preconfigured nvrs, but I like axis cameras better not saying Avigilons are bad I like the mounting options, more choices etc.

I know aviglon says they will work but what about in real life?

It does work no problem

Is audio important? The last time I checked Avigilon software didn't support audio with Axis cameras. Not sure if Avigilon has fixed this yet. And they're right- Axis' motion detection isn't quite as top shelf as the rest of the camera. You might want to demo some of their cameras side by side with Axis cameras. Please report back with your impressions. And screens hots.

The Axis Q series PTZ's are awesome on Avigilon.

I have a client with 10 servers full of Axis cameras on Avigilon.

In ACC 4.12 buy default Axis cameras had no motion fields selected by default.

In ACC 5 the whole field of view is selected by default.

Motion decection is way better on the avigilon cameras I did forget about that. Audio is not a problem.

Which Axis model(s) are you talking about specifically? I've got a M3007 hemispheric which ACC can connect and record from, but cannot access the dewarped views. I've put in a request with their development group several months ago, but so far, have not seen any new support for this camera.

After reviewing most of the major VMS systems out there (Milestone, Exacq, etc.) I ultimately ended up with Avigilon. However, the biggest drawback is the much smaller range of cameras Avigilon supports. But for me, that's not a problem as the majority of my cameras are Axis, with a few Arecont thrown in. Avigilon does not support all of the Axis models, so make sure you check that your cameras are supported before you commit to paying for the licenses.