Mr. Anonymous

Wiring 24V-AC Adapter?

SO I bought a power supply off eBay but the dumb asshole left me with no manual and no Google results, there are no labels on it for the pinout but its 24VAC 830ma can anyone help?

243077_1.jpg

It is an AC adapter, so it doesn't actually matter which way around you wire this , connect one wire to one AC terminal and the other wire to the other AC terminal, the middle terminal is your ground.

Okay that is what I wanted to know so it is + - + on the AC adapter? I took this picture of my actual unit next to a camera I am going to try which is 24vAC (they did not send me the adapter that was in the eBay photo)

243112_1.jpg

243112_2.jpg

I am unsure how to go about wiring it to the 3 terminals on the camera though, I know the left screw is for the ground which is the middle screw on the AC adapter. The two right screws seem to be the same thing is this for a redundant power supply or daisy chaining the cameras together?

243112_3.jpg

See my previous reply , it's AC (alternating current ) put the ground to the ground ,and the other two wires don't matter which way round you put them .

Really if you don't know something as basic as this , then you shouldn't be messing!

I am aware of the difference between AC and DC but I have never really worked with AC like this before. All is good it is up and running thanks, this cheap little camera gets pretty warm quickly.

Has nothing to do with it, just because I do not know a lot about AC does not mean **** I can school a lot of people on here with other electronics and hardware. I can build a Chrysler engine from the ground up, specialize in what you want....I am here to protect my automotive investments thank you.