Sign in to follow this  

Not sure about the Dahuas, but several users of the Hik 2032 cams reported that they worked fine through the polar vortex cold snap, where it often got below -10F in some areas.

We had one night last week that hit 5°f and checking into one channel of the nvr with dahua domes remotely was tough. It could have been a coincidence because we had a very cold winter and all was well with the cameras. But those two nights were brutal. Of course my analog cameras sailed right through.

The chipsets are to be operated in the range of -20 C to 70~80C. As chipsets are supposed to be driven by electrical power and generating heats a lot on their own. Low temperature does not matter. But humidity and hot temp does.

But will they survive a major earthquake!

Heck yes, we plan for those. What we didn't plan for last week and extremely rare in So Cal was lightning. I got some nasty hits, wiped out not only a few trees that got a direct strike, but killed a lot of equipment, switches, cameras, phone line, wireless bridge, extenders, access control controllers, electric door strikes. Man I wished it was just an earthquake but Nor Cal got that, 6.9 few hours ago, we have insurance for that. But for what it's worth, the only Hikvision camera in the melee survived.

I have 3 Dahua PTZ's and it has been a cold / snowy winter this year, a lot of days below 0.

I have had no trouble with the cameras working. One seems to make a pretty loud buzzing noise when it is real cold but keeps on working.

243290_1.jpg