radigital

How to setup GeoVision for Remote View using Dynamic IP

Hello,

I would like to know if anyone knows how to setup GeoVision system for Remote View via Dynamic IP.

Also, how to configure it for PDA View, does anyone know of the specs of the PDA. Any information would be helpful

Thanks

This is not the program that is specified in the manual, but it will work.

Read throught this website:

http://www.no-ip.com/

The good thing about no-ip is that it will work even if the DVR software is not loaded. Enabling you to remotely administer the DVR if necessary.

On the PDA stuff, read the manual or search the forum as it has been discussed before.

Haha, I don't remember ever seeing a RTFM answer on here before. To answer the question though: yes, most of us know how to set up remote view with a dynamic ip.

here's a post that might interest him:

http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=3287

Basically if you use a Router you can just set up a free account with DynDns.org and enter that into into the router, it will auto update the DDNS name account when the IP changes. Also this means one less service running on the DVR Server.

I think it just gets frustrating sometimes when you're in the business of selling the hardware that somebody has bought from somebody else and obviously seems to have no support from the seller then they come here asking for support.

Then you get a question that is easily answered if you just take time to read that section of the manual which is like a one-page. I think people should at least read the manual before asking a question. I could see if they didn't understand something of the manual and they're asking for clarification. Anyway enough for that.

I think it just gets frustrating sometimes when you're in the business of selling the hardware that somebody has bought from somebody else and obviously seems to have no support from the seller then they come here asking for support.

Then you get a question that is easily answered if you just take time to read that section of the manual which is like a one-page. I think people should at least read the manual before asking a question. I could see if they didn't understand something of the manual and they're asking for clarification. Anyway enough for that.

DAMN, if you don't feel like answering the question, as you seem to make it waste of your time, stop writing long letter, you probably could have told me how to set up the system in this time, if you new how

I am going to politely suggest that everyone be chill. Radigital, Jasper isn't the one who told you to read the manual, he was simply pointing out why someone might say that.

On the other hand I have seen some truely bad manuals and man pages. Guys cut some slack before going to the RTFM.

I have pm'd radigital and offered to help.

I know what its like when your starting out, the manual is easy AFTER you know the basics.

This technology hasn't been around that long so i guess we all had to start not too long ago

I am going to politely suggest that everyone be chill. Radigital, Jasper isn't the one who told you to read the manual, he was simply pointing out why someone might say that.

On the other hand I have seen some truely bad manuals and man pages. Guys cut some slack before going to the RTFM.

I had to look that RTFM up as I didn't know what it meant. I find I am having to do that a lot these days as people are talking in code now.

Radigital, sorry you took that personally. I guess I should have kept that to myself. I did try to help you though, just not with the PDA aspect as I have not used that feature.

THANKS everyone, good to know what we have people in this forum who are willing to help.

I got it working.

Jasper, sorry about that, my mood wasn't that great this morning, coz I was having so much trouble with it and then this guy talking about RTFM and again you with the manual,

Well, thanks everyone for all your effort to not create a conflict.

Bah, RTFM isn't new. I recall a system admin telling me that way back when I was dialing into his system.

Bah, RTFM isn't new. I recall a system admin telling me that way back when I was dialing into his system.

I have so many acronyms rolling around in my head. He probably didn't say RTFM, he probably said something else.

RTFM="Read The F@#&!#% Manual" I had to google it because I wasn't familiar with it either Rory.

Yeah, you can actually read it when it is printed out.

The little book they give you, well that is another story.

that little (thick) book is what you're paying for also

i just never had a need to look at it ..

Your very modest today.

Me either because I can't see it.

Most of the time you figure stuff out then you can understand what they were tyring to say in the manual. (The one I printed on regular sized paper)

Edited by Guest

It dates back from the days when vowels cost money in Unix systems (and you thought Ma bell was bad with phones.).