cctv_survivor

How to reset Geo password?

If you have physical root access to the system you can't design a password system that isn't crackable.

Yeah ive been searching everywhere for it, but it must be hidden somewhere .. could be some file with another extension like .dll and they just encrypt it and then call it a different name ... its not in the registry cause i tried that .. anyway, no worries, found a program by Geo that does it.

My Windows Search crashes so im using a Text Search program but that crashes the PC also if you try and search the whole HDD .. bummer .. ;-(

If you have physical root access to the system you can't design a password system that isn't crackable.

I agree. Even passwords contained in Windows local security subsystem can be reset in just few seconds (considering physical access). Cracking passwords is a completely different case, it takes months/years - even on powerful machines, because system does not keep passwords but password hashes which are impossible to revert. They must be compared to other password hashes in a loop. Finally, if one of these hashes comply to a hash stored in the security account database - password is found and cracked. This process can last very very long, depending on the password complexity and the machine CPU power.

In my opinion, Geovision should think about running their systems on a user account instead of powerful administrator account. But I'm affraid it's science fiction for now - they have a weird security point of view. For example, they prefer not to differentiate between capital and small letters in their passwords, because most Geo users are having trouble remembering the passwords

Fortunately, we can always use KeyLock utility to protect our Geovision systems, while not giving admin priviledges to system operators.

Did you ever get into the multicam?

I have just received the BSOD and a clicking hdd .

Full Windows re-install, drivers etc and Geo, 45mins, so not too bad.

Tomasz, heard of that incident in Poland, dont think you are near it, but please check in with us.. thanks

rory

Tomasz, heard of that incident in Poland, dont think you are near it, but please check in with us.. thanks

rory

Hi,

Katowice - it's 400 km (250 miles) from me. Something terrible happened, the hall roof fell down during some big exhibition. About 1000 people were inside (fortunately not 8000 people like couple hours before the accident). 128 people are in hospitals fighting for life and 65 people are already dead. The numbers are still increasing while removing building parts.

I know these numbers cannot be compared to other terrible tragedies like WTC, but still this is the biggest tragedy in Poland since 1986 when some plane crashed. Poland is in mourning for 3 days.

Thanks for asking.

ok thanks, good to know you arent near there and are safe, also sad for the people involved, condolences to the families.

cctv dude

No I did not check the 'Allow Removal of P/W System'.

The user manual now says I need to reinstall WINDOWS!

Do I have to??? Or can I get by with a Geo reinstall???

When it happed to us, we uninstalled & reinstalled Geo like 10X and nothing worked. We eventually had to format and reinstall win then reinstall Geo...

This is not neccessary - you can just reset the password database. I know the solution if anyone's interested. But I'd rather not put it here as this is not recommended by Geovision. If you need to reset Geo password, just email me.

Full Windows re-install, drivers etc and Geo, 45mins, so not too bad.

We clone our machines, just did 2 gv1480 installs, and customised the GUI with my logo's.....

Keylock is very useful.. I love geo and v8.11

anything beyond 8.xx is the go.

Hey guys. I'm new here, was pointed in the direction of this place from a friend who posts here. I am having a similar problem to this (old) thread. Could anybody help?

(I've just taken over the IT department at my new place and we have the GeoVision 800, which I've just installed on a new server (2k3), but cannot get into the multicam system. I never provided a username and password during the setup either?

Thanks

Hey, Rory. Can you Pm that file. Passuninstall.exe is not working for me.

Adam,

U tried

admin / admin

avdvr / admin

avdvr / super

What version gv800 u got,

I'm on version 8 and have the same problem. I accidentally added password protection when trying to set up the TCP/IP server and now I can't log in to geovision at all as I have no idea what the username and password may be (I did not set any up).

Can someone help me? I can't send PM's as I need to post 10 times first?

Thanks in advance if someone can help.

i have seen this thread after searching "multicam system login" and now know i have the same problem as others after i now look after one of these system and have no login information. How do i get hold of this program that seem to unlock the password as i tried the passuninstall.exe but dont have the option ticked it seems

Thanks in advance

I can remove GV passwords however you must provide me remote access to the system. I do not discribe how I do it, and I don't plan to make an automatic executable to do this (for security).

I can remove GV passwords however you must provide me remote access to the system. I do not discribe how I do it, and I don't plan to make an automatic executable to do this (for security).

I'd love to PM ya, but it has a 10 message minimum.... About to do a system reload if I don't hear back.

I'm having similar problems with my GV800, the customer changed the password then forgot what they used. Need some help here, what i've gathered is there is a tool that can reset the registry values.

Rob

Hi, I am in need of this password reset too. We do not know the admin password for our Geovision software and the passuninstall.exe program does not work.

Can someone please PM me to where I can get this Software?

Thanks,

Jason

Dear all,

Here is the proper way to reset the UserID/passwords.

If you can't login to the system and forget the admin password then...

1. Close the GV system.

2. Go to C:\GV folder\ PassUnInstall.exe.

3. Double click that and reset the password.

If you are unable to do so, you need to reinstall WINDOWS O/S in order to reset the password. Please don't mess with Windows registry....

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8335 ext 287

I have the same problem, I forgot the password to my GV-250 system.

If anyone knows where to find that program rory was talking about please point me to it. Thanks.

rory can ihave that program, I would not mind if I have to reinstall one PC

but the client that I have has Five loctions with the same password that he forgot. And really dont want to reinstall five system in three states

I really appreciate your help on this guys

Thanks

Well, like i said, the program I have (and alot of you guys too) works ..

Rory I can't PM can you send me info for the file?