I would like to know what signage you guys put up with installations. As well as what it costs. Dimensions, wording and type of material of which the sign is made please.

Signage in regards to commercial advertising outside the location where you are installing or notification signs in regard to surveillance cameras are in use on the premises? There are numerous ready made signs for the latter.

I would like to know what signage you guys put up with installations. As well as what it costs. Dimensions, wording and type of material of which the sign is made please.

Well, you should probably check your local legislation, if any... The signs I have to put up in Spain would be quite worthless to you.

http://www.securame.com/rotulos-informativos-amarillos-videovigilancia-lopd-c-76.html

And do you supply these free with every install or do you charge the client?

I supply a sign per four camera system. 4 channel = 1 sign, 8=2 etc.

A simple corruboard with a camera in a triangle.

I charge around $3/sign additional.

I either charge for them, or give them for free in our installations with our logo and web site URL on it.

I either charge for them, or give them for free in our installations with our logo and web site URL on it.

And how effective is this as a marketing tool?

I considered putting name/logo etc on the sign but thought this might be seen as an advert rather than warning sign.

If you're going to advertise on them, then they should be free to your customers. Wouldn't be any different than any other "promotional" gift item.