Sign in to follow this  
jeromephone

audio/video monitoring

I need to be able to record activities in a dental office they want to be able to go back and view/listen to the conversation maybe as long at 20 min or so. Teaching training type of thing. I have looked at exacq and luxriot but cannot tell from the demos if this will work. I don't want to have to combine 5 min clips into one file. Just be able to go back and listen to the time frame. looking at axis cams or something similiar. Have used ETS for microphones but a decent camera with built in microphone might be ok.

Don't know those products that well, but with Milestone XProtect, you can record as long as you like and regardless of how many files it creates on disk, you can give it a start and end time and export a 20min video, no problem. Camera brand does not matter as it works with many.

Check out cube cameras because they tend to have microphones built in, from ACTi, AVTech, Axis, Hikvision, Brickcom, all should work well, but remember, this is surveillance quality audio, not even close to even armature production values. If you want quality, get a nice camcorder with an external boom mic.

Make sure you check with a lawyer before doing this. You will likely need to get releases before audio recording. You state requires that all parties agree to be recorded if you are not part of the recording. Also consider HIPA compliance as you can get yourself in trouble if you disclose a patients medical info by accidently or intentionally publishing this outside your office.

Thanks for the reply I have used milestone in the past and will download the trial version and see how it works. You are correct about the audio I like to use seperate microphone as the best audio pickup is often not where the camera needs to be located. The customer has warning signs about recording but I did not think about the HIPPA stuff. We are working on a secure texting system for a medical facility right now so I do have a little understanding of that. We do a lot of video in hosiptals but I am not sure how they secure it to keep it Hippa happy.

I need to be able to record activities in a dental office they want to be able to go back and view/listen to the conversation maybe as long at 20 min or so. Teaching training type of thing. I have looked at exacq and luxriot but cannot tell from the demos if this will work. I don't want to have to combine 5 min clips into one file. Just be able to go back and listen to the time frame. looking at axis cams or something similiar. Have used ETS for microphones but a decent camera with built in microphone might be ok.

Well if not using camera with audio then in Luxriot this can be achieved by selecting External Audio source, for required camera. Just go to properties of required camera, go to Audio tab to select it.