Gesualdo

Speco HT-7815DNV

havent used it but there is one pro over other IR bullets, it has Split glass so you dont get IR reflection. Also has an IR Cut Filter, dont know how well that works on bullet cams though ..

Camera looks interesting, but i'm trying to stick to my pledge of not using combined camera's and IR elements.

you should buy one, post sample day/night pics, and then give us a review! Chances are that its overkill for the application and if it sucks, most places will refund the camera provided it doesn't work as advertised!

yep, see thats something you can do there that I cant do here

I wanna see some images already

Looks just like a camera I have seen in those magazines Super Circuits and Security Cameras Direct, as well as Eclipse and Intellicam sites.

does look similar, wonder about the split glass though, that would definately get rid of the IR reflection.

I was hoping that someone else had already been the guinea pig and I could benefit from their experience. Oh well. Don't want to waste money on inferior stuff. May get it to test. Will be awhile though.

Gesualdo

Rory,

what is your concern with the split lens? Leaking? I haven't seen anything else with split lenses like it on any other site. or with external focus and variable focus, or access to dipswitches.

Sounded like a good thing to me too.

Seriously though. Does speco use quality ccd, lenses, and materials in their cameras. Is it worth investing in this one. I have read mixed reviews of the other cameras in this product line.

JMANOFNVS: As a rep. do you know about the materials used? I'm curious and want to know how this is likely to compare to other cameras up to and including Extreme, Sanyo, Pelco, etc.

Yeah, well they buy from various manufacturers like any OEM purchaser, but alot of their more expensive cameras are South Korean, who actually tend to use Japanese components, so yeah generally decent quality.

Sanyo is decent, Pelco buy OEM and rebadge, Extreme, thats a whole differnt ball game.

the 7706DNV is NOT a good camera for the money. you get a better pic with a HIM-598, eclipse, which is 100+ dollars cheaper. I rate em;

9100EX

HIM-598

7706DNV

9100EX; decent all the way around, day & night. only issue I just recently had was the test out connection on the back of the camera "popped" into the casing when I attempted to connect. this basically opened the case to water. after pulling it apart I found the connector is/was glued to the inside of the camera housing. Despite this, I got great support from cctvimports...and have a replacement on the way.

HIM-598; decent camera. day is good and night is not as "open" as the 9100 above. by open I mean the IR of the 9100 is wider/brighter. tech support is ok but you do get what you pay for. management solves probs once you get to talk to them.

7706; day time pic is good if not covering a sun lit area....seems to wash out the pic and adusting does not help. in fact, if you adjust the dc to reduce the wash it effects/degrades the night. Night view is pretty much poor unless you use motion lighting to compliment it..................why bother buying IR? called SPECO got good support on the poor night pic and have no options. The rings on the case have started to rot and SPECO has replace them free.

For the price there is alot better cameras that are pretty much the same and probably come from the same place. I personally haven't seen this one but have seen a couple just like it for 50 to 100 bucks cheaper that were very nice. Extreme is a different ball game all together. Pelco and Sanyo don't really do IR bullets so its difficult to compare, but as far as overall product ratings I put speco below Pelco Sanyo and Extreme.

Damn Rory you pulling another 36 hr work day?? No wonder you are good with IR Camera's, night vision and low lighting situations!!

Getting back to the origianl post, the Speco HT-7815DNV looks like an interesting camera on the surface. But it comes with a steep price for a bullet cam (--mod remove--), I'd rather use a high performance box camera for that money.

yep, a little bit more $ and you have a high end day night dome, just have to add IR seperate if you need it, which is always better anyway. You could actually do a Sanyo True Day NIght box camera in a housing with lens, for just a little bit more than the cost of that bullet.

Getting back to the origianl post, the Speco HT-7815DNV looks like an interesting camera on the surface. But it comes with a steep price for a bullet cam (--mod remove--), I'd rather use a high performance box camera for that money.

Within the manual http://www.specotech.com/cart/products/downloads/default.asp?durl=%2Fcart%2Fproducts%2Fdownloads%2Fappcharts%2FHT%2D7815DNVman%2Eppt it mentions (Pro Video) for the warranty. I hope it's a real ex-view

This camera is also the same as the 9100EX for ($289) retail. You get ex-view, Mechanical day/night IR cut filter, IR range 100 ft, Day/night DC varifocal auto iris lens (4mm-9mm), Built-in heater, Weatherproof sun shield, a mount etc,.. It seems like a complete camera.

I'm actually interested in this camera but not if it's really just a bunch of compromises over a box cam. Some people say it's a good camera day and night.

My question: Can you put together a ex view box camera with external IR, weather proof housing with heater, auto iris IR lens, mechanical IR cut filter for $289? If so what ex-view camera, housing, lens and IR would you use?

No, but a Decent Day Night Box camera with Decent External IR, will be 10 times better. It has to switch to BW and have a mechanical IR cut Filter or its not a True Day Night and can look horrible.

Ignore the IR ratings on those bullets, you're lucky to get 1/2 of that, and even then, it will be a spot (less than 10 degrees) beam.

But with Speco, yeah you're paying for the name ..

I mean you can always get the 9100 or the Speco then just add more iR if you need it.