bellusvita

Need help hacking firmware 5.1.6 Chinese to English

Hi, all!

I want to hack firmware 5.1.6 to english, But it doesn't work in the way to hack 5.1.2,

Because i could find the string "8a 30 dd e5 38 a0 9d e5 53 90 c4 e5 14 90 9d e5" in the file of 5.1.6

Does anyone have an idea?

Do the Chinese Hikvision cameras not support firmware updates then?. Why would this be?

I also noticed this mentioned in a description on aliexpress:

---------------------------------

DS-2CD2532F-IWS

1, for this camera at this price US$168, its firmware is only with V5.1.0, there is no updated firmware in the future. pleas note that.

2, if you need the updated firmware in the future, we have camera in English versin, it can be upgraded firmware if you need, but its price is US$206.8, it's original Hikvision with English version.

----------------------------------

Do the Chinese Hikvision cameras not support firmware updates then?. Why would this be?

I also noticed this mentioned in a description on aliexpress:

---------------------------------

DS-2CD2532F-IWS

1, for this camera at this price US$168, its firmware is only with V5.1.0, there is no updated firmware in the future. pleas note that.

2, if you need the updated firmware in the future, we have camera in English versin, it can be upgraded firmware if you need, but its price is US$206.8, it's original Hikvision with English version.

----------------------------------

Yes,i'm very strange also.

I had installed version 5.1.2 and hacked the davinci file on my DS-2CD2532F-IWS and because of that I was able to download and install 5.1.6 from the european site without the region issue. That being said, as soon as I logged out it went to all chinese. I telneted in and uploaded the davinci file I had used in 5.1.2 and rebooted the camera. It came back in English so I was happy. I logged into the camera and all looked good. I had the test buttons that had been talked about so all was good. Just to be sure I checked the firmware version and much to my surprise it is showing as 5.1.2 and NOT 5.1.6 as I would have thought. Can anyone confirm that the test buttons for things like NTP and IP Address were Not in 5.1.2? It may mean that the davinci file is making the camera think its 5.1.2 when its really running 5.1.6.

I had installed version 5.1.2 and hacked the davinci file on my DS-2CD2532F-IWS and because of that I was able to download and install 5.1.6 from the european site without the region issue. That being said, as soon as I logged out it went to all chinese. I telneted in and uploaded the davinci file I had used in 5.1.2 and rebooted the camera. It came back in English so I was happy. I logged into the camera and all looked good. I had the test buttons that had been talked about so all was good. Just to be sure I checked the firmware version and much to my surprise it is showing as 5.1.2 and NOT 5.1.6 as I would have thought. Can anyone confirm that the test buttons for things like NTP and IP Address were Not in 5.1.2? It may mean that the davinci file is making the camera think its 5.1.2 when its really running 5.1.6.

I have cameras running 5.1.2 and 5.1.6. Each are running with a davinci.tar.gz from the appropriate version that has been patched. I can confirm that the Test buttons do not exist in 5.1.2.

I would not recommend using the 5.1.2 davinci.tar.gz on your 5.1.6 camera. There is no telling what issues it might cause.

I know what will happen, it will brick the camera, happened by accident. What's the big deal, just run 5.1.0 forever, what will happen? I actually run 5.0.2 on most of my Hikvision cameras. Never seen people so concerned about firmware releases. How many of you actually update the firmware on your computer's motherboard every time a new release is posted?

I know what will happen, it will brick the camera, happened by accident. What's the big deal, just run 5.1.0 forever, what will happen? I actually run 5.0.2 on most of my Hikvision cameras. Never seen people so concerned about firmware releases. How many of you actually update the firmware on your computer's motherboard every time a new release is posted?

I personally always like to have the latest firmware and Bios updates. Theyre released for a reason.

Out of interest I tried installing the 5.1.2 Davinci file on over the 5.1.6 firmware and got the same results as bearclaw.

Not surprisingly though, the "Test" buttons that now appear dont seem to work. Pressing any of the test buttons returns an error.

Couldn't see any improvement in the Noise Reduction settings which seems to have been broken in 5.1.2.

I personally always like to have the latest firmware and Bios updates. Theyre released for a reason.

They're released for a reason. Which may or may not apply to any one particular user.

I had no trouble installing 5.1.6 on top of 5.1.0, China version camera, applying the hack and all working fine, all in English. The test buttons are there but did not test each individual button but some. For example, I tried the FTP one, test as shown below. Really, unless you are having a problem with your camera you should not upgrade the firmware. It many times breaks more than it fixes.

Here's the firmware release info

247692_1.jpg

TEST Failed

247692_2.jpg

TEST Succeeded

247692_3.jpg

I had no trouble installing 5.1.6 on top of 5.1.0, China version camera, applying the hack and all working fine, all in English. The test buttons are there but did not test each individual button but some. For example, I tried the FTP one, test as shown below. Really, unless you are having a problem with your camera you should not upgrade the firmware. It many times breaks more than it fixes.

Could you please clarity what "the hack" is for 5.1.6.

I know what it is for 5.1.2 but it's not clear what it is for 5.1.6.

Thank you

Thanks, I dug in a bit more and figured it out.

I was trying "the hard way" but was unable to find the search sting in step 9.

I noticed in step 10 the characters being changed were 38 a0 9d e5 so I truncated the search sting to just 8a 30 dd e5 38 a0 9d e5. This was only found once so I figured this must be what I needed to edit. I changed 38 a0 9d e5 to 01 a0 a0 e3, continued following the instructions and it worked.

Before:

After:

Thank you

2014-05-28_11-21-04.png.605b07a323bf12789f104912641297a9.png

2014-05-28_12-46-10.png.806322159140bfc82e0f4499ba2031db.png

I was trying "the hard way" but was unable to find the search sting in step 9.

I noticed in step 10 the characters being changed were 38 a0 9d e5 so I truncated the search sting to just 8a 30 dd e5 38 a0 9d e5. This was only found once so I figured this must be what I needed to edit. I changed 38 a0 9d e5 to 01 a0 a0 e3, continued following the instructions and it worked.

Good Work! " title="Applause" /> I was thinking along exactly the same lines but hadn't found the time to actually try. You've saved me the effort.

I wasn't really impressed with the first poster's attitude. These forums are all about sharing knowledge and helping one another. His attitude was that once he had found the solution to his request he wasn't interested in sharing it with anyone else however I'm sure he would have gladly taken the assistance of others in this forum.

I think there is good reason to keep the firmware updates going. They often fix problems that might not necessarily be experienced by everyone. It all depends on how the camera is used and the installation conditions.

I had a very bad issue with the brightness/contrast fluctuation up/down during high sunlight conditions that nearly made the cameras useless during certain parts of the day however that problem was reportedly fixed in 5.1.2 according to the change log.

I don't know what has changed in 5.1.6 apart from the extra test buttons but it can't hurt to keep up to date.

Just a heads up....the 5.1.6 firmware appears to have been removed from Hikvision's Europe download portal some time today.