LittleScoobyMaster

Lowest Price 4K 30 fps surveillance cameras

Buellwinkle, do you have a demo shot you could share of the ACTi? also, looking at that datashee of the E77 at 10MP it goes to 6fps and only up to 6Mbps of bandwidth.

I can't imagine that there is much detail in the image at a 10MP shot with 6Mbps of data. Mainstream vms's could handle that bandwidth as 2-5MP cameras produce that much sometimes if not more.

------

well nm Buell, just saw your write up on your website.. great detailed review.

Why would you not be able to record a 4K camera to NVR software? I was recording the ACTi E77 which is higher resolution than 4K using Milestone.[/quote

I took a look at the report by " buellwinkle" on the NUC PC he built but he did not test it with any 4K cameras but a few 3MP IP cameras and some 1.3. So my question for "buellwinkle " is:

How do you think it would fare with 3840 X 2160 cameras at 30 IPS each - perhaps two?

Why would you not be able to record a 4K camera to NVR software? I was recording the ACTi E77 which is higher resolution than 4K using Milestone.

I guess what I meant to ask was, "What are the general hardware requirements for the PC?"

There will be no issues recording the stream now decoding live 4K 30FPS streams is another story. All of you that a so excited about 4K 30FPS are going to have a wake up call when you trying to decode multiple 4K 30FPS streams on your clients.

Here are some figures to work from:

4K video IP camera at 3840 X 2160 at 30 IPS will put out raw video of 5921 Mbit/s

H,264-10 compression will compress this to about 23 Mbits/s

24 hours recording at this rate will require about 241 GB.

So the PC built to work with more than one 4K IP camera will need to multiply the above by the number of cameras.

Until H.265 becomes commonly available the chances of building a PC that can handle the above recording and also display the same quality playback at the same time is probably a pipe dream - VMS PLayer will be needed to replay on a totally different PC from the video removed from the recording video. VMS software that can reduce the 4K stream to CIF or close will hopefully allow dual recording and playback.

Who amongst this blog readers has the knowledge to tell us which motherboard with which processor and with which graphics card can do most for a PC to handle multiple 4K cameras ?

Please allow me to add my 2 cents.

Compressing UHD video of 30FPS or 60 FPS into H.264 format is OK with software. But actually, H.264 did not anticipate the real life - difficulty of UHD size video compression on hardware chip set.

But in a new H.265, it becomes possible. H.265 opens the way how to.

It allows to split the UHD into 4 pieces of HD 1080P, by specifying bit stream syntax. So parallel processing becomes possible. So does hardwired logic(chip). So would be any soft-wares claiming H.265.

Current UHD compression with H.264 chip may be being done, by splitting into 4 X 1080P. The compressed files may be merged in their own way, whatever, incompatible with H.264 standard. Because H.264 did not specify how to do. And decoding and displaying in their own way. As a result, no other soft-wares can not handle how to.

This may explain the fact that for UHD cameras only 6 FPS become available in market, because they probably use a hardware chip that can compress 1080P X 30FPS.

Who amongst this blog readers has the knowledge to tell us which motherboard with which processor and with which graphics card can do most for a PC to handle multiple 4K cameras ?

Probably some guys with a graphic card + powerful CPU, could do that. But the market is not that good,yet, so we do not have any near plans to jump into development.

In my old threads, you can see that we have a software Engine to decode 128Ch X HD1080P X 30FPS, in realtime, with nVidia Graphic cards. We have sold only a few copies, so far. I do not want to start H.265 decoding project at this moment. If anyone has interested in doing business with our current decoding Engine, please let me know.

I agree with SunnyKim in regard to H.264 and H.265 but he is wrong about only a 6 IPS camera being available in 4K. I have ordered a 4K ( 3840 X 2160 ) 4K camera which does 30 IPS ( images per second ) frames do not exist anymore in digital video. And I have been promised VMS that will record and display at the full rate of ONE camera record but not display at the same time on an Intel NUC PC and I have a 4K monitor.

I am sure that the potential motherboard and graphics card etc is out there I just do not have that knowledge at this moment. Adventach have proposed one of theirs that will do the job but claims are one thing and reality another.

Good to know, Lee Tracey.

It is possible to make UHD x 30 FPS in real time. The chip set that we are currently designing is capable of doing that, too. I would announce it at the time the chip set would be released to the market.

Good to know, Lee Tracey.

It is possible to make UHD x 30 FPS in real time. The chip set that we are currently designing is capable of doing that, too. I would announce it at the time the chip set would be released to the market.

HI SunnyKim:

What is the name of your company that will produce the 4K SOC?

If I set out to design such a camera I would use an Ambarella S2 SOC. - right now ( Sept 2014 ) I do not know of any other processor able to handle the task.

HI SunnyKim:

What is the name of your company that will produce the 4K SOC?

If I set out to design such a camera I would use an Ambarella S2 SOC. - right now ( Sept 2014 ) I do not know of any other processor able to handle the task.

We are Ubiqmicro. As said, H.264 does not specify the bit stream syntax when splitting UHD sized video into 4 Ch X 1080P, as no hardware chip can handle UHD video in one shot in real time, as far as I know. We are designing our own CoDec, capable of 4 Ch X 1080P in H.264 format. We will be using our own syntax, just as others. Therefore, non compatible, when decoded by many nvr softwares out there. So we have to provide our own software for decoding and displaying correctly.

I do not know S2 but S5, and S7 from Ambarella. If S2 is the older version, then no way you can come up with any marketable products.

SunnyKim:

The S2 is the very latest SOC from Ambarella. I tried to attach the specification of the 4K camera that is being built for me now but I had it in Word docx and this forum would not accept it so have converted it to PDF and will try again.

However PDF is not allowed either so do not know how to provide it.