LittleScoobyMaster

New Acti 4K - 12MP surveillance cameras - 4K at 24FPS

Anyone know how much these 2 cameras are going to be when they are released (B414 and I43)?

They can do the following resolutions:

15 fps at 4000 x 3000

24 fps at 4092 x 2160

30 fps at 2592 x 1944

http://www2.acti.com/corpweb/Tools/ProductSelector/ModelSpecDetail.aspx?__Model=B414|I43

It looks like Acti is getting set to release a whole slew of cameras that can finally do 4K at a decent framerate. The older batches were limited to only 7 fps at under 4092 x 2160. Finally some decent frame rates coming for the 4K models. 24 fps is not bad.

They have some nice looking PTZ's and domes as well with the same resolutions \ frame rates. Guessing they'll be showing these off at next weeks IFSEC?

Buellwinkle, do you have any samples of these new batches or are you planning to do any reviews for them soon by any chance?

http://www2.acti.com/corpweb/Tools/ProductSelector/ModelSpecDetail.aspx?__Model=B414|I43

http://www2.acti.com/corpweb/Tools/ProductSelector/ModelSpecDetail.aspx?__Model=B914|B915|I913|I914

http://www2.acti.com/corpweb/Tools/ProductSelector/ModelSpecDetail.aspx?__Model=B510|B75|B812|E821|I74|I75

Let the 4K floodgates finally open!

I would really like to see a demo of these units at night. Something tells me the sensors are not going to be adequately sized for 12MP. Even their 10MP cameras only have a 1/2.3 CMOS.

I am weary of low light. Maybe they will have something like Hikvison's EXIR.

40x 4k PTZ cameras wow

I know. Pretty amazing.

I wonder if anyone can find the release dates and prices.

But this is ACTI so I don't have my hopes up. From my experience ACTI has been flakey and sub par image quality.

40x 4k PTZ cameras wow

I know. Pretty amazing.

I wonder if anyone can find the release dates and prices.

But this is ACTI so I don't have my hopes up. From my experience ACTI has been flakey and sub par image quality.

Bummer to hear that. I didn't know they were unreliable like that. They just added 2 more 4K bullets to the lineup today. Now they have 4 bullets listed that can do 4092 x 2160 at 24fps:

http://www2.acti.com/corpweb/Tools/ProductSelector/ModelSpecDetail.aspx?__Model=B414|B422|E420|I43

Has Bosch or Axis released pricing and availability on their comparable offerings?

Are Bosch and Axis more reliable than ACTI from your experience?

LOL!

I went directly to youtube and changed the settings to 2160p.

It choked my computer.

You and your computer are old

update computer

The Axis 4K camera will be $999 MSRP

This camera will not be good in low light.

XdWWmcIwDQY

Yeah, I've seen that video like a thousand times quietly anticipating a review of it when it comes out. (buellwinkle?)

"AXIS P1428-E Network Camera with 4K resolution is planned to be available in Q3 2014 through Axis’ distribution channels at a suggested retail price of $999."

I thought there was gonna be at least one nice 4K camera set to release with next week's IFSEC conference. So, at least one decent 24 - 30 fps 4K camera *might* be out next week. Could even be that one as Q3 officially starts in 3 weeks. Do we know if the P1428-E is due out early, mid, or late Q3?

The video is great though. It looks fantastic on the insanely priced $389 Seiki 39" 4K TV. Although it would look better on a larger 60hz set. (Seiki can only do 30hz at 4K).

LOL!

I went directly to youtube and changed the settings to 2160p.

It choked my computer.

You and your computer are old

update computer

Double True.

But also, Youtube is sometimes horrible for streaming big content, and sometimes even little content. (they rotate their servers around like a Tilt-a-Whirl on K-Y jelly sometimes). You never know what your gonna get.

You want to have a somewhat decent system for 4K video though. 4K doesn't do puny-ass!

Seriously though, you could try to make sure that the whole video downloads, or try to d/l some other entire 4k videos, and once you have them saved locally, you might be able to view them. You could start out watching them in a smaller rez and bump up to a rez just under one that chokes the system. Hopefully your not trying to view them on a Commodore VIC-20, Apple ][Plus, or Apple //e. If so, there will be no hope.

I can't wait until these cameras are finally on the market. I'm trying to get pricing and availability to see if Acti undercuts Axis or not. $999 for one 4K cam (Axis) is a little steep. I'm hoping Acti enters the game with lower prices, or any other companies for that matter. I can't seem to find a release date yet, and Acti hasn't responded to my inquiries yet. Those turkey-asses!

UK9VU1aJvTI

You know, on second thought, you might be able to watch the Axis video with the Commodore 64 which is recommended by Jim Butterfield. In fact, I just ordered a Jim Butterfield red shirt and white suit but it wasn't available through Amazon Prime so I have to wait a while to get it.

xmnlkLc1Foc

I can review it when it comes out, just someone remind me when that happens. Bosch also had a nice 4K camera but they even admitted it's not going to wow you at night. I think they are all going to be mediocre until they realize that to do 4K right, they will need a larger sensor, maybe a 1" sensor.

That video was crystal sharp at 2160P, maybe used 10% more CPU than normal, not a huge problem.

I can review it when it comes out, just someone remind me when that happens. Bosch also had a nice 4K camera but they even admitted it's not going to wow you at night. I think they are all going to be mediocre until they realize that to do 4K right, they will need a larger sensor, maybe a 1" sensor.

That video was crystal sharp at 2160P, maybe used 10% more CPU than normal, not a huge problem.

I'll let you know when it's out.

I checked with Acti today and they peed on my cornflakes. They told me that the Acti 4K's in the beginning of this thread won't be out until Dec or so.

So, Axis is going to beat them to the punch because the Axis one is due out in the next 30 to 90 days.

Like with Intel and other CPU \ GPU manufacturers, do companies ever send you early samples to review? Or do you have to wait until the release date?

I have had no problem with that video either. I am watching it on a Seiki 39" 4K TV and it looks amazing.

I can't wait to get my hands on one of the new 24-30 fps 4K cameras. I guess it's a good time to upgrade NVR's and PC's as we wait for the cameras to arrive very soon.

Is Axis going to get the first one out, or has someone already released one already? (Besides like Avigilon who probably has one already...maybe?).

I keep reading about the poor low lighting issue as well. Is it really that bad?

I mean, if I have a really good external IR illuminator covering a small area, say, 40 x 40 feet near the house and point one of the new 4K cams at it, is it going to be super dark?

I would like to see some early examples of this poor lighting everyone is talking about. Even the Acti rep told me that as well.

I'll let you know when it's out.

I checked with Acti today and they peed on my cornflakes. They told me that the Acti 4K's in the beginning of this thread won't be out until Dec or so.

So, Axis is going to beat them to the punch because the Axis one is due out in the next 30 to 90 days.

Like with Intel and other CPU \ GPU manufacturers, do companies ever send you early samples to review? Or do you have to wait until the release date?

I have had no problem with that video either. I am watching it on a Seiki 39" 4K TV and it looks amazing.

I can't wait to get my hands on one of the new 24-30 fps 4K cameras. I guess it's a good time to upgrade NVR's and PC's as we wait for the cameras to arrive very soon.

Is Axis going to get the first one out, or has someone already released one already? (Besides like Avigilon who probably has one already...maybe?).

I keep reading about the poor low lighting issue as well. Is it really that bad?

I mean, if I have a really good external IR illuminator covering a small area, say, 40 x 40 feet near the house and point one of the new 4K cams at it, is it going to be super dark?

I would like to see some early examples of this poor lighting everyone is talking about. Even the Acti rep told me that as well.

Avigilon has there new h.24 PRO cameras which are 8,12, and 16 MP. They have Avigilon's Lightcatcher capability and are very good in low light.

Axis's camera is not going to be good in low light.... I think the minimum lux spec is either 2 or 4 lux.

I rarely get cameras ahead of time from manufacturers as the demo's typically come from a marketing department and they get their batch the same time distributors do but there's a higher demand for the demos then. Axis releases their stuff in Europe first and it takes a while for them to come to the U.S. and fulfill initial orders from all their distributors.

I can't wait to get my hands on one of the new 24-30 fps 4K cameras.

So what would be the application for something like this?

Purchased a 4K TV for my NVR recently that can do 3840x2160. Want to start testing 4k cameras with the same native resolutions.

Mostly curious to see how they perform. 6fps is too slow for the current crop of 10mp+ cams. 24 to 30 fps is the sweet spot.