buellwinkle

Hikvision Face Detection and Line Traversal in 5.1.6

Ok, that means it doesn't work in the newer versions of SS either. That's a pity, because it looks like line traversal and intrusion detection might be better than general motion detection. At least in theory.

Maybe I'm not configuring it correctly. You have to leave motion detection still enabled still - correct? Or do you turn motion detection off completely and enable one of the new methods instead?

I don't know if this will help or not...

From the release notes .PDF.

2. Add video analytic features: Face Detection, Traversing Virtual Plane Detection, Intrusion

Detection and Scene Change Detection. But “Face Detection” , “ Traversing Virtual Plane

Detection” and “Intrusion Detection” are mutually exclusive.

You can only use one of these at a time?

Ok, that means it doesn't work in the newer versions of SS either. That's a pity, because it looks like line traversal and intrusion detection might be better than general motion detection. At least in theory.

Maybe I'm not configuring it correctly. You have to leave motion detection still enabled still - correct? Or do you turn motion detection off completely and enable one of the new methods instead?

You can use the other features without having motion detection enabled, but as mentioned, it will not work with Surveillance Station.

I don't know if this will help or not...

From the release notes .PDF.

2. Add video analytic features: Face Detection, Traversing Virtual Plane Detection, Intrusion

Detection and Scene Change Detection. But “Face Detection” , “ Traversing Virtual Plane

Detection” and “Intrusion Detection” are mutually exclusive.

You can only use one of these at a time?

You can use line traversal and intrusion detection simultaneously, but not face detection.