tpolus

Geovision + NVIDIA VGA

Couple months ago I received this answer from Geo support:

"For Nvidia VGA card support, it will be available with the release of version 7.1."

So, now it's 8.0. Does it support NVIDIA VGA cards?

Rename Version 7.1 to 8.0

Version 7.1 will be renamed to v8.0, due to more features incorporated in the original v7.1. The version 8.0 will present you with comprehensive and overwhelming video surveillance features you will ever expect from security surveillance functionality. The new version is expected to release within February.

If it has overwhelming features, it just has to include that support.

http://www.geovision.com.tw/upload/en/newsletter-0106.htm

Rename Version 7.1 to 8.0

Version 7.1 will be renamed to v8.0, due to more features incorporated in the original v7.1. The version 8.0 will present you with comprehensive and overwhelming video surveillance features you will ever expect from security surveillance functionality. The new version is expected to release within February.

If it has overwhelming features, it just has to include that support.

http://www.geovision.com.tw/upload/en/newsletter-0106.htm

Well... I wouldn't be so sure. I received beta 8.0 documentation from Geovision and it doesn't say a word about NVIDIA VGA cards....

Is your information confirmed at The Source?

Nope. No confirmation from any source.

We have to wait for them to return from their chineese new year unless someone else has confirmation from them.

How about you Scott? Do you have any information in regards to this?

Rory?

Somebody?

Nope. No confirmation from any source.

We have to wait for them to return from their chineese new year unless someone else has confirmation from them.

How about you Scott? Do you have any information in regards to this?

Rory?

Somebody?

The official answer is YES, GV-Combo with 8.0 supports NVIDIA VGA cards.

"Dear Sir,

For the Nvidia issue encounter in the previous software

version, our engineering has now solved the issues with 8.0

software drivers.

Therefore, the Nvidia should have any further problems when

8.0 comes out.

Just some additional information to clarify the information

provided and please let us know if there is any further doubts.

Best regards,

GeoVision Technical Support"

That is very good news. It opens the door to many new potential customers that have those type of systems.

I think they are really trying t make this new release a really good one in order to get people to move up to the newer hardware.

I know many people are unhappy about this development because they may have only owned one of the older cards for a short period of time and they feel robbed as I think most people would. It will be interesting to see how this plays out in the market place.

They probably figure that most security professionals will want the latest hardware and software to offer their new clients. As well as create a new revenue stream for themselves and their many partners. The home owner or small business will probably be content with what they have now?

(...)

They probably figure that most security professionals will want the latest hardware and software to offer their new clients. As well as create a new revenue stream for themselves and their many partners. The home owner or small business will probably be content with what they have now?

Probably yes. However, many existing users bring this argument: they bought Geovision mostly because of the free software updates, which usually bring new functionality.

Now they cannot make use of the 8.0 features, so they feel robbed. To be precise, not all of them, because GV250 users are still happy. So it's not that the company cheats its customers, it's just the piracy war made them to change hardware, which never comes free.

The other thing is the proposed card exchange prices are fixed too high. This is why users in Poland will not be interested in exchanging their cards.

Hmmm. Yep, forgot about that one.

You still can't run the newer software though can you?

For the amount of money the GV-250 costs though who cares. I wouldn't.

Geo has plenty of features with the current release for people using that card and for people who want an inexpensive solution.

Hmmm. Yep, forgot about that one.

You still can't run the newer software though can you?

For the amount of money the GV-250 costs though who cares. I wouldn't.

Geo has plenty of features with the current release for people using that card and for people who want an inexpensive solution.

From what I know, all GV250 cards support Multicam 8.0. See this table:

http://www.polvision.com.pl/files.asp?lang=en&id=68

I suppose this is because pirates are not so interested in GV250 cards and they don't require advanced antipiracy features, which were installed on GV600/650/800 etc. Maybe GV250 is too cheap to counterfeit it

That's good to know.

People who have bought the older cards recently should be given a really good trade in value.

A lot of people will feel like they're being punished because of the actions of other people who are pirating these GeoVision cards.

This development is going to make a lot of people very upset. Especially because many were looking forward to the 7.1 release and now find out it's been renamed to version 8 and won't work with their card.

This development is going to make a lot of people very upset. Especially because many were looking forward to the 7.1 release and now find out it's been renamed to version 8 and won't work with their card.

How about the ones just shipped older cards?

Really though it's a restricted market of people who will know, we installers yeah we will know but I wouldn't point it out to a customer tring to upsell them. They will never know, or it's unlikely for them to go looking without you telling them to.

exactly .. wait until they ask. Or give them my Skin program to make them think they upgraded ..

exactly .. wait until they ask. Or give them my Skin program to make them think they upgraded ..

And charge em?

yeap ...

(i gotta put a paypal donate ting on my home page quickly . )

hey if you still want to try the pal thing out, let me know ..

yeap ...

(i gotta put a paypal donate ting on my home page quickly . )

hey if you still want to try the pal thing out, let me know ..

I may be donating if you can hurry up on the cell phone jpeg project

I may be donating if you can hurry up on the cell phone jpeg project

If you two need some help with that I'm.

i have to put the Geo card back in the PC ... ill touch base later on .. which i guess is tomorrow morn for you ..