sniper420

Gv-800-16 no video?? but there is!

Hey i recently purchased a gv-800 and a gv-net/io from ezcctv i have followed all the instructions from geovision and cant seem to get video i have full io and ptz control i have 6 cameras and i have tested the with a monitor and they are all working. i have also inputed my sat tv directly in to it and still same result i have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers many times nothing seems to work it is software version 7.0 and the card in ver. 3 any ideas greatly appreciated

Make sure Directx 9.0 is installed, and also make sure your Video Card has the manufacturer drivers installed - else you probably wont see any video

What Video card are you using?

directx 9.0 is installed and the drivers for the video are installed and working correctly the card is a ATI X600 Pro 256mb DVI card mother board is a ASUS A8N-SLI Premium board

Could you make sure that you have selected the correct Video Standard.

From the GeoVision main page

Go to Configure Icon>Video Source>Video Standard>Select PAL for Europe

If you have this set to NTSC, then it is most likely that you will not receive a picture.

Try this and please post the results

yes it is set on ntsc i have checked all settings everything seems right does anyone know of a fiull software removal program that actuly gets rid of every thing geo installed so i can do a clean install?? if that would help i just am getting frustrated with this.

Are you in North America or the UK? Last I checked EzCCTV is in the UK .. so it would be set to PAL.

I havent read anything that says it is. So I dont know that may be the problem. As high end as your system is that might be the root of the issue.

The video card is supported.

I have checked the latest supported motherboard list from GeoVision.

There are a couple of Nforce4 Chipsets motherboards, however your motherboard is not listed.

The tested boards are:

ASUS P5ND20SLI Deluxe with MSi RX600XT-TD128 graphics card

GIGABYTE GA-8N-SLI ROYAL with Winfast PX6600 TD 256

Both of these systems have been tested with a GV800

Could you also answer one question for me, when you connect the cameras, do you get a "Video Lost" signal, or just black screens. Also Does it make a difference if you go to Configure > DSP Overlay (untick it)?

Have you another system that you can try the card in, if not then please give our support line a call, and we can arrange to get it back to us, and replaced if it is faulty.

Yeah but their list of supported mobos doesnt say much, ive used it on MSI cheap boards with the GV800 without issues, also, i use the GV250's in Via Mobos ...

thank you for all your information i'm waiting for a peply from geovision there on holidays right now newyears ezcctv if they say it colud be the card i will contact you. i'll let all of you know what happens anyways thanks

SNiper did you ever get a response? I just got the geovision card. My specs are similar to yours.

Specs are

ASUS A8N-E MOTHERBOARD ATX S939 NFORCE4 ULTRA DDR PCI-E16

MSI RX300HM-TD128E Radeon X300 SE 128MB DDR PCI-E

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ Processor S939 Venice

I get no video i tried playing around with ntsc and pal. Everything in device manager is fine. If anyone can help or know a workaround i would appreciate it.

Thank you.

Do you have the latest DirectX and the latest Manufacturer Drivers for the Video card installed?

Thank you for the quick reply Rory.

I know that the dirext x is up to date, but I will have to check the drivers for the video card to see that they are up to date.

Thank you.

hello yes i have been in contact with gevision tried many thing nothing has worked they say it should and that my chip set is supported they are going to do a remote session and have one of there engineers have a look at my system they have been great to deal with here i will list what they had me try. maybe it will solve your problem.

-Would you please try to input the pure video image into your GV800V3 card, this is to confirm

your GV card is available to get video.

-Please ready for a home DVD player, connect the DVD output into GV800 card input connection.

-would you please try to exchange another PCI slot

for hardware setup. If the problem still the same, how about setup another PC?

Would you please confirm your hardware component is still there(see the red mark on Figure 1),

recently, we've some customer feedback about the GV800 card video lost, the reason is the hardware

component missing.

(I don't think i can put pictures on here so i will explain fig 1. looking at the geo card with the back plain to the left look in the very left hand bottom corner there should be a black thing with 3 terminals going in to the board it's a transistor or an scr i think make sure the component is not missing)

-they also said for the card to work correctly you must have a video source in cam input 1 and 2.

- also did you do a dxdiag command in your run window in the start menu this will do a full test of your directx

Hope this Helps indy

sniper, ty very much. I hope i could solve my problems because i just bought 2 new cards and 2 new computers, based on the above specs.

Ill fiddle around some more with your given information and keep you up to date. In the meantime goodluck.

did you check the video drivers ... i mean ive gotten this stuff to work in a Via Chipset if only briefly, it would then just give an error over time .. or very bad video quality, but generally always got some video .

Are you sure DirectX 9.0 is installed? Try install it again, if it goes away right away then it is, if it reinstalls and retsarts then there is a hardware/video card driver issue probably.

can you please expand on that a bit dsp overlay and how do i disable it is it part of geo or windows or my memory or what?

Thanks Sniper

In the main geo window click on tools icon, dsp overlay option is the 4th item from bottom.

i dont have a tools icon in the main window i have a configuration button at the bottom? but i cant find it in there i am using version 7.0