sniper420

Gv-800-16 no video?? but there is!

So after all this the final conclusion from geovision after they said it was that my hardware is incompatible and it's probably the chip-set. i don't think they really no for sure oh well i guess I'm going to get a Intel board

and Indy bad news man you maybe in the same boat. let me know if you get it running. thanks all for all the help everyone. This is an Awesome Forum

Sniper and everyone thank you for the help, sorry for the late reply but I got both my syetems to work!!! YAY

I just re-installed my video drivers and i got video!!

SO YES AMD does work with Nforce 4 and pcie express with Radeon graphics.

Im sorry you couldnt get yours to work sniper...

SO YES AMD does work with Nforce 4 and pcie express with Radeon graphics.

That just sounds funny.

Sniper di you finally have any luck getting your machine to work with the geovision?

On another note I have a question, if anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. The question is when I start to monitor all the cameras, after a couple of hours I get "video lost" , and obviously the recording stops. When I close and restart the geovision program I get the signal back from all my cams. Any ideas? Thank you.

no i have not got it working yet still waiting from a reply from security master.

i'm not sure what your problem is i cant even get mine working does your system go to sleep?

Nope I made sure everything is set to not go into sleep mode or hibernation. Power Management is fine.

Thanks

This has always been my experience with ATI trash...

For me it's like this...

Osama

ATI

Satan himself

I hate ATI, I think they push products to market and I think they will use marketing hype for features that aren't funtional. I would assume hooking it to an Nforce mobo is asking for a problem. I mean the N in Nforce is Nvdia, ATI's arc enemy.

So if it were my system I would put in a basic nvidia card.

Did I say I HATE ATI enough? Well I do!

This stems from the early 90s, ATI - "All in Wonder" issue I had with a customer. I hope they become infested with the fleas of a thousand camels.

Don't scare me CollinR .

I have just finished setting up a GV-1480 this PC spec:

- Asus ATI EAX1600PRO/TD graphic card.

- Asus P5WD2-E Premium motherboard.

Maybe this info can help other who want to know if the parts work together.

So far, it has only been running for about 15 hours, so no idea if I will getting into video problem.

Naw you'll be okay, you are all Intel. It's the Nforce>ATI thing that I would be concerned about most in that system's design. ATI gets plenty of good ratings so I know they can't be complete trash but I will never consider purchasing another unless they monopolize display adapters.