ljw2k

Hikvision IP 4mm/6mm/12mm pictures

Hi guys just thought I would put a few pictures up of the difference between 4mm/6mm and 12mm.

Here is 12mm 2032 and the gate is 50ft from the camera.

Daytime :

250539_1.jpg

Night: ( Pretty much no light )

250539_2.jpg

Here is Hikvision 6mm 2232-I5 EXIR Daytime:

250539_3.jpg

Hikvision 6mm 2232-I5 EXIR Night:( Pretty much no light )

250539_4.jpg

Hikvision 2032 4mm Night: (Street Lights) 15ft to front gate

250539_5.jpg

Hikvision 2032 12mm Night : (Street Lights) 15ft to front gate

250539_6.jpg

Hikvision 2.8mm

250539_7.jpg

250539_8.jpg

Edited by Guest

Thanks for posting pics. Always useful to see. You're very fortunate with night lighting, you get some great pics.

Yes always helpful indeed as now I have a few cameras for sale now I know what I want and for what I paid for them I couldn't really loose out.

As for night time the Hikvision 2232-I5 EXIR does give much better IR light and more even than the Hikvision 2032's that's for sure and not sure if I should have bought another 2232 in 12mm but I can see more of the Yard now but not as detailed as the 12mm.

12mm is definitely not for the front View unless I have to park my car across the road which is very rare and 4mm does give me a good viewing angle.

12mm is definitely not for the front View unless I have to park my car across the road which is very rare and 4mm does give me a good viewing angle.

I'm sure its not the case but ....it looks like you park your car opposite a road junction, you should therefore get some good video when they come and tow your car away

Come on I am in the UK we can park anywhere we like especially outside our own homes, parking is not easy as they are Town Houses and we all compete for parking spaces and not parked illegal in any way and the lines stop at the back of my car as that is a one way street.

This is excellent, it should help a lot folks trying decide on the lens to get for their needs.

Very helpful post, thanks!

All we need now is an example of the 2.8mm.

Hikvision 2.8mm Posted.

" title="Applause" />

The 2.8mm sure opens up the field of view.

Which did you settle on for that cam position?

hi

I want to buy DS-2CD3132-I model.

I need to place camera near the door; I need to focus/recognize people from 6-7 ft

Which lens you suggest ?

Thanks

I ran out this morning and took this.

I'm about 7 feet back from the door. The camera is a 4mm hikvision ip camera and is about 1.5 feet off to the side of the door and above it. The autocontrast does not like the snow in the background but the image is pretty clear. I think you could even go with a 6mm lens but you would want to be careful about where you placed the camera so that the subject would be in frame.

261608_1.jpg

Here is a 6mm lens about 8 feet up and about 12 feet back from front subject and 20 feet from back subject

261608_2.jpg

I'm about 7 feet back from the door. The camera is a 4mm hikvision ip camera and is about 1.5 feet off to the side of the door and above it. The autocontrast does not like the snow in the background but the image is pretty clear. I think you could even go with a 6mm lens but you would want to be careful about where you placed the camera so that the subject would be in frame.

Do you think there any advantage of not going with a 2.8 on the front door? My experience is that the subject is always backlit, and the yard area can't be properly exposed, even without snow. A 2.8 is sure not to miss anything close to the house.

IMO door cams really need to be set up to properly expose people approaching the door.

Thanks for the pics.

One issue with a wide angle camera for close-up shots is that it sets exposure based on the whole image. Many cams will let you define the exposure area with BLC, but Hiks are not very good at that, as they don't let you define a specific BLC area.

The other thing to consider is whether you'll want to identify anyone further back, which will depend on the camera angle and mount. Pixels per foot drop off rapidly with wide angle, but if your viewing area is limited, that won't matter. This is always a trade-off.

261608_1.jpg

Here is a 6mm lens about 8 feet up and about 12 feet back from front subject and 20 feet from back subject

261608_2.jpg

Mike,

Do you think you could have zoomed this 6mm footage or a still-image and read the license plate number on the white van? Of course I can't do it on this image you uploaded because Photobucket would downgrade the quality. I'm thinking about going with 6mm for my driveway because the viewing area is a little bit narrower since my driveway goes up between two houses (mine and neighbor). Now I'm wondering if I should go with 6mm or a higher number instead of 4mm.

Thanks for uploading these pics. Very helpful.

I'm not Mike, but I can tell you about reading the plate. The short answer is no.

You need 40 pixels per foot to read a US plate (1 foot wide) in good lighting, and 60-80 ppf will give more reliable results if the lighting is not great. Night images have other problems, and the Hik's not very good with plates at night unless you can get them fairly close or have good lighting.

The plate in that image is only about 26 ppf (20 pixels wide in the original image, 26 if you scaled it up to 1080p).

You would need a longer lens to read that plate at that distance.