rak313

China Hikvision camera with 5.1.6 firmware with IVMS-4200

I have a 4 mm Hikvision ds-2cd2332 camera working with iVMS-4200 software. I'm (more or less) happy with how the software works. The firmware version in the camera is 5.0.2.

I want the 6mm version of this camera, and can't find it from a US vendor. I have contacted a Ailliexpress vendor who says their cameras come with firmware version 5.1.6 "English version" - whatever that means.

I am worried that this "china" region camera with 5.1.6 firmware won't work with ivms-4200, as has been suggested by others in this forum.

1) is this true?

2) what are my options?

Thanks in advance.

If it comes in a White/Red box then it will be a genuine English camera and if it comes in a plain brown box Chinese Camera either can be flashed with the latest Firmware V 5.1.6.

I can not see any reason why either won't work with the Hikvision software IVMS-4200 PCNVR.

Hik posted in the release notes for newer versions that Chinese cams won't work with IVMS4200. I don't have any, so haven't tried it.

The camera can be permanently set to the English version by CBX's region code changer:

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=41225

Hik posted in the release notes for newer versions that Chinese cams won't work with IVMS4200.

Looking at "Raptor DS-2CD2xxx Firmware v5.1.6_140612 Release Note" I don't see anything on IVMS4200.

Can you point me in the right direction?

This is from V5.1.2 build_140116 Release Note:

1) Chinese firmware IP camera will not be able to connect to iVMS4200

I have two DS-2CD2032-I cams, both Chinese versions with Chinese firmware, purchased from CCTV Camera China. One has V5.1.2 build 140116 and the other has V5.1.6 build 140412 firmware that the vendor applied the hack to give English UI (well, multi-language capability).

I don't normally use IVMS-4200 so I'm not sure what's supposedly broken, but it seems fine to me...

Capture.thumb.JPG.0286ff35ff45b11b2681382d2f6b7b6f.JPG

I have two DS-2CD2032-I cams, both Chinese versions with Chinese firmware, purchased from CCTV Camera China. One has V5.1.2 build 140116 and the other has V5.1.6 build 140412 firmware that the vendor applied the hack to give English UI (well, multi-language capability).

I don't normally use IVMS-4200 so I'm not sure what's supposedly broken, but it seems fine to me...

[attachment=0]Capture.JPG[/attachment]

Thank you for the info. CCTV Camera China is where I was considering buying, but I was concerned about it not working with IVMS-4200.

The main view screen you showed is a "live view". Have you been able to record/playback?

My fears have been greatly reduced with the success of the region change fix CBX offers.

Yes, it records and plays back just fine.

The last camera I got, the one with 5.1.6, appears to have come from CCTV Camera China with CBX's fix already in place. There's an actual file on the camera with a log from his process.

Yes, it records and plays back just fine.

The last camera I got, the one with 5.1.6, appears to have come from CCTV Camera China with CBX's fix already in place. There's an actual file on the camera with a log from his process.

That file is not from the region fix, it seems to be from a language fix (hex edit?) only.

I have a handful of these cams with this file, attempting to update w/ the new US build of 5.1.6 reverted them to Chinese.

I have used CBX's region fix on them all and have one up for sale if anyone is interested.

Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I 4mm 3MP IR Bullet (NIB w/ CBX Fix)

viewforum.php?f=22

/shameless plug

Patch Log that came in camera:

Cyclone Bit Xtra Patcher 1.0.5
-------------------------------
#WARNING - DO NOT ATTEMPT CAMERA MODIFICATION BY SIMPLY COPYING PATCHED FILES
#YOU MAY BRICK YOUR CAMERA WITHOUT PATCHER EXECUTABLE!!!

Detecting version    ....done 5.1.6
Reading serial from mtd6   ....done
Reading language flag from flash   ....done
Unprotecting flash memory   ....done
Patching dav   ....done
Enable _malloc() patch in kernel ksyms   ....done
Sanity check proc table   ....done
Enable languages in davinci   ....done
AES Decrypt start 

...................................................................................

...................................................................................

.....................done
Checking camera part table layout   ....done (OK 0x00)
Calculating new checksum - please 

wait...............................................................................

................................................. (OK 0x00 

97f9b1ad81ea4a7b8ed026487d569706)
Writing new checksum to flash   ....done
Watchdog disable   ....done
Reprotect flash   ....done
Deleting patcher from camera    ....done
Secure erase of patcher executable    ....done
FINISHED!!!!
Error code is: 0x00

Checksum: 97f9b1ad81ea4a7b8ed026487d569706
debug:  0x71977927a830

No thats julias personal hack so she can watch/access your cameras

No thats julias personal hack so she can watch/access your cameras

Hi Julia!

So let's see, we've got Julia watching hundreds of camera feeds and now we know that anyone can grab snapshots if they know your IP... http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=41641.

Have you updated either of these with English firmware and had them continue to work with iVMS4200?

I don't have any Chinese cams, so can't test any of this, but it seems odd they'd add that to their release notes if it wasn't implemented. Anything's possible with Chinese tech support, though.

No updates, both are using the firmware they came with. But you're right, no telling what sorts of shenanigans have been pulled before these are shipped to the US.

Like tonydi, I'm not familiar with iVMS4200, but it seemed to work with both the supplied Chinese firmware and after using CBX's region changer on the US firmware on my Chinese cameras.

I've read something about 3rd party software causing network problems/lockups when parameters change in IIRC was a Foscam forum.

Maybe this is where they are coming from?

I can positively confirm the Chinese cams updated to firmware 5.1.2 or later no longer are able to be used with iVMS4200. I have been using iVMS4200 on my cams since version 5.0 firmware but after updating to 5.1.2 the no longer worked without the hack.

I did the experiment myself and using the English hack the cams work fine but if I update them with the Chinese firmware without the hack iVMS4200 will no longer see them.

It's possible that the block on Chinese cams was only introduced into iVMS4200 in the most recent release. It seems likely that iVMS4200 would need to check the cam somehow and determine if it is a Chinese or US cam before allowing it to be used.

The check is obviously not serial number related as the serial number still contains the CCH reference indicating a Chinese cam so it must be just checking the language marker somehow.

hi

what about down grading the latest cameras with v5.2 firmware so they work with the IMS software? Sorry this may already be covered but getting lost in all these forums/info!

Cheers