Does anyone know of an ir illuminator which would plug directly into an outlet, sort of like a box with the direct connect on the back instead of a wire to connect a power supply (if this describes it we'll enough). My camera position in one area is nice but if I could illuminate a certain corner, the image would look a lot better.

I searched amazon.com for the words...

Infrared led light

And that search came up with a lot of different IR lights.

Yeah, I did the same and found a bunch, but I was more interested in a style almost like a pool ug in night light, but has it bulbs instead and can't find any

99% of the IR lights out there are designed to work with the existing CCTV architecture, so that means 12VDC, 24VDC or 24 VAC, and the newer stuff runs on POE. What would prevent you from using a small power supply and hooking it up normally instead of searching for a one off item?

Does anyone know of an ir illuminator which would plug directly into an outlet, sort of like a box with the direct connect on the back instead of a wire to connect a power supply (if this describes it we'll enough). My camera position in one area is nice but if I could illuminate a certain corner, the image would look a lot better.

Such independence infrared led (

http://www.ledlightmake.com/infrared-ultraviolet-led-strip-c-80_92/infrared-flexible-led-strip-light-smd5050-5mroll-850nm-p-249.html) and a matching plug.can fulfill your mission