sf1964

how much are the IDE hard drives 250gig

l am looking to increase hard drive space and wanted to know the most affordable place to purchase hard drive.l currently have 400 gig and would like 4-600 gig more,any links or quotes would be great.

Agreed on Newegg and TigerDirect.

You can also try Froogle but usually the NE and TD are within a couple of bucks (if not cheaper) and have SOLID reputations.

Yep same places. Global also, which it TigerDirect also I believe. ZipZoomFly is good also.

300GB hard drives are on sale right now I think for $100 after the rebate you never get. At least I never get. Helps to send them in though.

Global is the one that has the $99 300GB drives in IDE or SATA right now.

http://www.globalcomputer.com/applications/Category/category_hdd.asp?CMP=EMC-GLOBAL&SRCCODE=GLOEM223

Edited by Guest

If your motherboard supports SATA you might want to get an SATA drive and put it in an enclosure. You only need cables that extend from the motherboard to a back plate which makes it eSATA.

Then you get your full hard drive speed rather than mounting an IDE externally by USB or FireWire. The Prices on the IDE's are really good though as they are phasing them out as fast as they can to sell more SATA.

Yea, price watch is OK, but you must be careful. There are a lot of refurb products from unknown suppliers. I dont use them anymore. Newegg all the way,, Plus they take PAYPAL and shipping is usually cheap and fast.