lucyjoseph1976

Dome camera compatability

Hi all, I've just purchased a dome camera and when I installed it, I had 2 horizontal lines across the screen as though is was some sort of interference.

I tried another channel and cable an no difference. I took it to the shop and it worked ok on his system. He gave me a new one and I've just got home and it is the same?

Any ideas before I take it back again???

I didn't think there would be a specific problem with compatability but anyone else had the same problems?

Analog or IP? Check your cabling. Also if you have the cables running across a power line somewhere from point A to point B, then it will cause this. Cables can run parallel with power lines but not across, it will cause an interference.

Ive taken it back and swapped it for another one but it did the same. The cables were not crossed or anything. I thought it could be because it was still coiled up creating the interference but it did the same when uncoiled.

Will try another make and let you know how i get on.

Thanks for the help.

Anyone know of a good App to view an 8 channel dvr. The one i am using only does 4.

i use Guarding Expert, simple and you can view up to 16ch if wanted. Before returning it check your power going to the camera and make sure that camera is actually compatible with the DVR you are using. Also go to the guy you purchased it from and ask him to borrow a small patch cable so you can stand next the DVR and plug it in right next to it so see if it word, and if it does then there is something wrong with the transmission from point a to point b, wether it be a kink in the coax cable or power, but try that before you purchase a new one and if it is still doing the same thing. also make sure all if your settings are correct in the dvr. if you have a 50hz or 60hz chose which everyone works great, but go through all your settings and play with them and see if it works. Also make sure the monitor you have is working perfectly and the output of the VGA pr HDMI settings on the dvr for local output is selected correctly

Use a ground loop problem solved.

if its a line constantly going through it thats what it usually is.

if cable and everything is fine of course