jisaac

Thermal Imaging camera Demo

Hey guys tomorrow I am having a manufacturer come out and allowing us to test and demo their Thermal Imaging PTZ's with all the goodies. Well I will get it on my network somewhere around 5:00 p.m.CST ( depends on when he actually gets in town and I able to get this hooked up ). So I wanted to give you who are interested the opportunity to log in and see it live on my DVR. Tomorrow I will keep the time of availabilty and the IP's to logon.

cant see peoples faces though ... good to just see if anything is happening however .. expensive also. Do these ones switch to a normal camera in the day or stay thermal 24/7?

The company is Mikron IR. There is only 2 public trading Thermal Imaging companys on the market. FLIR and Mikron. Being this is going to be atleast 1 maybe 2 million dollar project I did my research on both companys. Turns out FLIR does not provide any warranty on their equipment after 30 days. If anything goes wrong it cost about 35,000 to repair. Thats rediculous when we are talking about 150.000 dollar cameras each easily. Mikron has a good reputation and did not hear any complaints. They have the largest customer base for a variety of applications. And yes it does provide a ccd camera that provides a 24/7 shot of the same FOV. But right above these cameras will be pelcos ptz package I have talked about before. That will be able to quickly zoom in on any specific object. This without any person even manning the cameras. All done by object sensing with the thermal cameras

extreme does not make thermal cameras. Ganz. um.

Let me put this in a way you can understand

Do you know how you laugh when people talk about china and quality?

For this application, that is the same way I laugh when ganz and thermal imaging cameras are mentioned.

By the way because of the Security and High profile confidential information that pertaned to this project I could not broadcast all the video we used in testing and demonstrating this camera. But I do have some video you can see

http://70.238.61.70

username:user

password:user

Do a search for 2/9/05 at 6:58pm-7:15pm on Channel 5. Halfway thru it you will see yours truly go out there and goof around. Its pretty fascinating. That particular camera retails for about $70,000.

So I will start taking orders immediatly after this post is posted.

Enjoy

Edited by Guest

Well... I was just about to place an order for my first 5... hundred units when your DVR admin took away my "control rights" (Darned "control freak": ) Anyway, the colors were nice - flashed me back to my days of youth... when I used to run around with L25 and his relative "window pane."

Thermal's detection range is usually much much further than IR illumination. Thermal also makes movement much more "vivid" than IR illumination. Thermal doesn't however have the facial recognition or detail of IR illumination.

I saw the thermal imaging and it looks pretty good, but we pay MUCH less for our thermal cameras than 70k.

ya i checked out flir and their systems and products and had a guy fly out here show me the stuff they could do. Well I was not impressed. Especially the with the software. Not much you could do. With Mikron we can do all kind of specific customized user defined areas on the screen that are monitored by a threshold defined by the end of user of the min and max of the temp range calibrated down to a thousandth of a pixel. And many other reasons of support. Experience and application integration.

(that rhymed).

Oh no that 30 second interview on tv of Al Sharpton has warped my fragile little mind.

70,000 is not what I pay.

Ya and you are right about the 2 miles thing rory but what it cant do is alarm based off of a temperature change on a certain point/line determined off the softwares user that is 2 miles away. Think about if you did that off motion detection from a ccd camera and a dvr???? You would be alarming all night and day! Not practical. Also IR's can see 2 miles in complete fog, hard rain, or snow. They can see only at 2 miles and nothing else farther or closer. Also the facial recognition will be handled with GVS1000's. Thermal to find anything not able to be detected by Active IR's. And the Active IR's will be used in conjunction to compliment the system by providing a clean image once found and able to be found

I guess yeah if its a heat based application, though we dont have any fog in this part of the world, but there is an Active IR that sees through fog too.

As for the motion, i never had a problem with that, but then i always flood the area with IR .. but yeah if you must see 2 miles no they really wont do the whole area, without a bundle of IRs anyway ..

the active IR's that see thru that though can only see that object at 2 miles and nothing else. Bryan Montogmery from extreme explained the whole thing on that to me.