latropa

IP Cam Viewer Pro with Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I on 5.2.0 fware

My model number doesn't show in the IP Cam Viewer Android app but I've always (well, mostly) been able to get it to work by using the listed DS-2CD8153F-E for the main stream and DS-2CD2432-I would work for the low-resolution sub stream.

All that stopped working after I upgraded my 2032 cameras to the 5.2.0 firmware. It now takes about 40 seconds of sitting on the "loading..." windows before the pictures will pop up. The cameras would load almost instantly before.

255207_1.png

This happened for both the main stream and the sub stream but I was able to get the sub stream to load quickly again by changing the setting in IP Came Viewer from DS-2CD2432-I to "Hikvision IP Camera (active-x)". Still no luck with the high-res main stream though and I've tried all the different hikvision model numbers in the app.

Any idea how to fix this and what the hikvision firmware update might have done to cause it?

Thanks.

There's some serious issues with 5.2 that people are just starting to figure out. It does not even work with their NVRs. They have a firmware update for their NVRs they just released, but imagine all the people that buy and their NVR and it won't even work with their own cameras. Even a newly purchased NVR, a new model direct from Hikvision USA I received a few days ago does not work with 5.2 cameras and none of the firmware updates on their site helped.

There's some serious issues with 5.2 that people are just starting to figure out. It does not even work with their NVRs. They have a firmware update for their NVRs they just released, but imagine all the people that buy and their NVR and it won't even work with their own cameras. Even a newly purchased NVR, a new model direct from Hikvision USA I received a few days ago does not work with 5.2 cameras and none of the firmware updates on their site helped.

Hikvision camera firmware 5.20, it's like the Windows ME of software.

1 step forward and 3 steps back.

What is your recommended combination of firmwares for the NVR/camera combo?

Hikvision camera firmware 5.20, it's like the Windows ME of software.

1 step forward and 3 steps back.

What is your recommended combination of firmwares for the NVR/camera combo?

I have been using 5.1.6 on all of my cameras, except one. That one uses 5.2.0, so far no issues, it works fine, but it is a USA region camera from Hikvision. That might have something to do with it.

I have 5.2 working on a USA region camera connected to my Hikvision DS-9616 NVR, no issues to report

The official Hikvision Android App still works just fine. I guess I need to wait to see if the author of IP Cam Viewer updates it to support the new firmware for these cameras.

I do have USA region Hikvision cameras though.

All my Hikvision cameras are English, otherwise they would be in Chinese with 5.20 as nobody has cracked the davinci code for that camera. For the 7600 and 7100 series NVRs, you should be at 2.3.7 or better. The latest NVR I got from Hikvision USA had 2.3.4 and that was less than a week ago. I had to get 2.3.7 from HikvisionEurope as it was not on Hikvision USA's site for the 7100 series. I have at least one camera with each of the past half dozen releases from 5.0 to 5.2. The best one so far is 5.1, it's what I run on commercial projects because it's stable and has the best color accuracy. I run 5.0.2 on some cameras as that works best with Macs. I think it's 5.1.6 they pulled from various sites due to problems with the camera getting bricked if you change the port number. It's a nice feature rich release, just don't change port numbers on the camera. What I truly hate about 5.2 is you can't easily go back to an older release if you run into problems with it.

Excellent information, thank you!

I'm sitting on 2.39 Beta on my 7600, afraid to go forward after seeing the other firmware shenanigans.

Is it possible to downgrade the NVR firmware if needed?

I went from 2.3.8_140513 to 2.3.9_140806 to 2.3.9_140704_Beta, back to 2.3.8_140513.

I haven't had time to try 2.3.9_140820 yet.