gonzogg

Android App for Hikvision NVR

I bought NVR DS-7616NI-SE from AliExpress. What is a known android app that work with this NVR for remote viewing?

I have tried iVMS-4500, however, I am getting "Connection failed"

These are my settings:

Alias: NVR

Register Mode: IP/Domain

Address: NVR IP (Local)

Port: 8000

User Name: admin

Password: ****

Any suggestion?

Did you setup a VPN or port forwarding?

Have you tested on your LAN wifi network?

I did setup port forwarding, and yes, I did tried the local network (wifi). I also tried from a tablet on the LAN and same results

I seem to remember a while back that after all was said and done with no results, it was the older version holding things up. Make sure you're using the very latest version.

You need to open up all the associated ports

Https

Media

Rtsp

Also depends on what cell carrier you have. Some carriers block specific ports.

Address: NVR IP (Local)

If your using local address you can only test it on the same wifi(not phone mobile data), and dont need anything to do with port forwarding. How did you assign the NVR its address, did you do it manually or by using DHCP? If manually are you sure it's on the correct range for the network your connected to?

IF your trying to connect over the internet you need to use the Internet IP (not local IP) and setup port forwarding to the NVR (as said above). That said if it's a domestic site chances are you won't have a static Internet IP and would probably be best using Hik's DDNS. But first get it running using the broadband IP and then change it to HikDDNS.

Thank you all for all the suggestions!

I am only testing from the LAN (wifi). The phone and the tablet are connected to the wifi. They are all in the same network segment. I can ping the NVR from the tablet. I don't believe is a network connectivity issue. I though it may be something silly in the NVR config.