CollinR

KTL DVRs

A group who contracts me provided me to 9 channel 160GB units. They are pretty questionable, I can't figure out how to get audio out of them or how to back them up.

So when you say can't back them up..do you mean its not recording on the HD? If you mean how to get the images or video off the unit, you should be able to record them on your computer when viewing over the net or you can use a USB grabber. For the audio if it has more then one input you must select from the menu which one you want to record.

So when you say can't back them up..do you mean its not recording on the HD? If you mean how to get the images or video off the unit, you should be able to record them on your computer when viewing over the net or you can use a USB grabber. For the audio if it has more then one input you must select from the menu which one you want to record.

I think it is recording to the HD but its a pain to figure out whats what from where when.

Demonstrating getting a video off is no prob, getting a specific video off isn't too fun but possible. Dumping the entire HD to network storage or really anything has me perplexed.

Audio appears to be configured correctly, this isn't my first time around the block but my first time with a KTL.

Looks like an AvTech, they have extremely limited evidence sharing, if you havent figured it out by now, there is nothing else left to figure out. Its a budget DVR, pretty much the rock bottom level among DVRs .. its worth the price, just doesnt do as much as other DVRs.

http://www.avtech.com.tw/english/product_13_776w.htm

Edited by Guest

I personally don't know that model very well because just from the specs I wouldn't sell it. When customers ask for it I switch them to something I know works. If you have ever seen a Supercircuits magazine they have the same unit in white. To me 25fps is not enough for 9 cameras although for the price its probably hard to not at least try it once. Monday if you are still having issues first call SCD they should be able to help but if not please call Arm Electronics @ 888-771-4544 and ask to talk to a tech, preferably Dave or Kevin. Why call Arm for A KTL DVR you might ask well KTL was bought out by Arm.

Still perplexed, any info is appreciated.

call Arm Electronics @ 888-771-4544

That is the same number I got by asking at KTL's website.