djscissorhands

PROBLEM WITH BLURRY IR NIGHT VISION CAMS

I have an 8 camera set up at my home. I am having a problem with the camera quality particularly at night. Some of the cameras are grainy and have little circles all over the picture. Others are pretty good. I have attached a sample photo of cameras 1-4 during the day and the same cameras at night. As you can see camera one is acceptable during both day and night. Camera 2-4 are unacceptable. I can barely see anything.

257326_1.jpg

257326_2.jpg

There are the cameras I have:

Effio-E® : 700TVL Eyeball IR Dome:Eyeball Infrared Camera • Easy to install and adjust

3-Axis : Angle it Anywhere • Great picture quality at night-time

700 Color TVL(960H) • Sony Effio-E DSP Chip • 0 Lux

1/3" Sony EXVIEW HAD II CCD

BTron 9Channel 12V 10Amp Power Supply

8 Channel Real-time Live & Recording DVR System (240fps with 2CIF High-Res)

H.264 CODEC / Pentaplex / HDMI with 1080p / UPnP w 1TB HDD

Camera 1 is mounted on the ceiling and facing down on my entry way.

Camera 2 is mounted under an awning and facing down on the front yard grass.

Camera 3 is mounted under an awning and facing down on the front yard grass.

Camera 4 is mounted on the side of the house and facing down on the driveway.

Check that the plastic protective film has been removed from the lens.

Thank you for your reply. Would I be checking the lens Itself for the plastic coating?

Or checking the clear plastic cover for the plastic coating?

The external lens/cover. It is there to protect against scratches.

Keep in mind that 2cif recording resolution is NOT hi-res, it is low quality BUT that won't affect the live view.

This is a IR dome camera for indoor. It seems camera 1 installed indoor, and camera 2-4 installed outdoor. As it without good weather proof, outdoor when the weather is cold enough and enter into some water inside, the fog will appear inside by the IR light heating.

Thank you for your reply but these cameras are listed as weather proof.

Replace the outdoor cameras for indoor to check the night vision images. If it becomes great, it is the problem of weather proof.

I think its as stanley suggested, night moisture caught in cam. As suggested test them inside or take a ladder and check em out at night with a flashlight.

I am having the same issue with this system;

http://www.supercircuits.com/security-camera-systems/alibi-4-camera-ip-system-sys8430ip

Except I have 4 3mp dome cameras same specs tho.

The blurry pic below is of the suspected defective camera. The next night I relocated one the the cameras from a location that was recording clear images. So this eliminates port, wiring, lighting etc. I have one more camera I am doing tonight before i send them back for replacement. Any ideas? by the way I am NEW to this forum thing and CCTV thanx for any help!!

391366247_photo2(1).PNG.5980eafb8753ba6a85a052aa2a304a7f.PNG

894516791_photo1(1).PNG.caac04f3728ecbee8f86878fd940b9c9.PNG

CRD, Since you are getting good images from the second camera...look at the foam ring around the lens and make sure its flush with the dome.

Read the link [MOD; removed external forum link and added link here]

http://oversea-download.hikvision.com/uploadfile/doc/20140804/Technical%20Bulletin%20DS-2CD21x2-I%20Dome%20Camera%20IR%20Leakage%20v1.1.pdf

Ir could also be reflecting from the soffit above the camera...although its doesnt seem to be causing an issue with the good camera.

Boogieman, thanx for the reply great link i will adjust today and verify tonight does seem to be the problem tho....

CRD, Since you are getting good images from the second camera...look at the foam ring around the lens and make sure its flush with the dome.

Ir could also be reflecting from the soffit above the camera...although its doesnt seem to be causing an issue with the good camera.

It worked thanx!!

While I pulled the globe off I adjusted the foam and cleaned the globe so not sure if i had to guess I would say the foam did more good because the cameras are new and still clean.