jisaac

What kind of mount for this?

There are generally Corner mounts or Parapat Mounts, depends on the manufacturer. Or you can use a Vandal Resistant PTZ Wall Mount housing, GE CyberDomes have these as do others.

i know what they are called silly, Its not like this is the first time to mount a ptz on a corner. But what i am saying is these aluminum buildings are real flimsy(spelling?????).

A regular corner mount wont keep it secured. every time the wind will blow it will be bouncing all over the place.

no wood on the inside that you can secure it to? Or have someone make something up on the inside.

what are these like those portable things ..?

what about at the top, is that solid ..? Ive never seen one of these things before, though Ive dealt with Aluminum warehouses and normally there is something on the inside to secure it to.

or just sell them a bullet camera ... it will hold up

Why not bury a pole , say 12" from the corner.

You could secure the top back to the corner of the building to stop "swaying" and still keep the integrity of the building intact.

The older storage units could have some wood in them, but I haven't see one here in California in I don't know how long. The real nice units maybe.

They are just thin Galvanized steel units with some insulation usually between two panels that make up the walls and ceiling. Many don’t have much support in them at all. Some have electrical, many do not. Depends on how cheap they went with their building supplier.

Most of those cheap type are pretty flimsy. Inside and out. I can’t tell from that picture though.

Tops usually are not solid either. Most people building those things today are maximizing their profits by putting them up cheap as possible.

Yeah i know someone that did some of those storage things down here, though they werent flimsy really, anyway, they used Vandal dome cameras every so often to cover each row .. are they using fixed cameras as well as the PTZ?

Anyway, let us know what you decide ...

nope just 2 ptz's that is going to be in auto pan. Thats exactly what he wanted. Oh and a 50" plasma to go in his house. One of those rich rednecks

should have told him that there is no need for that because you can build him a storage unit with built in ptz's right into the unit itself! it comes standard with the buildings now.

Come on now he just was looking for an excuse to bring out his toys.

36498_1.pngI've used these Strut mounts on exactly similiar buildings. The Strut channel is fastened to the building. They come in 16-20 foot lengths, so cut what you need.

strutfastener6mg.jpg

The strut nuts are inserted in the channel and twisted 90 degrees...the spring keeps the nut from falling out. You can use these nuts to secure your camera bracket. As it is a channel you can adjust the nuts up or down to fit and will tighten nicely.

If you haven't seen these before, you can purchase them from a fastener supplier....in Ontario, Canada we purchase them from company called Brafasco.

Cheers.......Rapid

a fastener supplier??? Never even heard of such. They only supply fasteners? wow learn something new everyday. So you have tried this and it worked pretty well?

Don't know if this is near you, but

http://www.boltandscrewsupply.com/

look under "Pipe Management"

Wish I had a picture of the install, but had a one foot strut channel installed vertically and fastened it with bolts to a ribbed barn. Then using the strut nuts, mounted a Pelco EM1450 wall mount for the EH3512 housing. Did the trick as the metal ribs in the shed made it difficult to mount the wall mount directly. The strut allowed a flat surface away from the ribs.

mmmmmm........ribs!

Do you have good ribs in Arkansas!

What Rapid said... I've done it that way many times. Cheaper alternative is get a couple pieces of 1/2'' plywood, bout 12-16'' inches square. Drill holes and place one on either side of wall, fasten with bolts. Attach mount directly to wood. And if ya want to keep it purdy, paint wood to match building.

What Rapid said... I've done it that way many times. Cheaper alternative is get a couple pieces of 1/2'' plywood, bout 12-16'' inches square. Drill holes and place one on either side of wall, fasten with bolts. Attach mount directly to wood. And if ya want to keep it purdy, paint wood to match building.

I concur

We have done these type systems before. You can remove the inside panel place a piece of wood on inside and mount the mount from the outside. Works good plus you have to hide your wire anyway so no big deal.

went ahead and went with a pole mount.

mphqweb1.jpg

mphqweb2.jpg

(this one is watching those sweet cars!) Hey, its Arkansas.

mphqweb.jpg

Did not think that I wanted to deal with another aluminum building and wind problem again. I mounted them on 12 foot poles of rigid conduit.