FIERCE4203

Hikvision DDNS server issues

If anyone is having connectivity issues with hikvision DDNS it is known. They are having problems and have a scheduled update for the weekend. For meantime use the public ip to connect.

If you mean hik-online.com/hiddns.com , it has been working fine for me.

But I do think that the web interface has been very slow lately, so maybe it is time for them to do some hardware upgrades...

I have noticed some issues also. But it maybe the horrible DSL circuit at one of my customers businesses. The other issue with Hik has been with the Turbo DVR TVI units ( the only style of Hik I have used) DDNS. It will not let you use the browser method to set it--after putting in the domain name it brings back a "not valid" response. I finally had to use a directly connected HDMI monitor to set it.

The hik-online.com site shows this unit off and on-line frequently. OT--It would be nice to have these Hik DVR's have some sort of scheduled reboot like the Dahua units have--seems to solve connectivity issues. OT--The Hik HDTVI DVR motion detection is far superior to the sh*&ty Dahua as I have discovered with the 4 units I have installed (1000% better motion detection)

The hik-online.com site shows this unit off and on-line frequently. OT--It would be nice to have these Hik DVR's have some sort of scheduled reboot like the Dahua units have--seems to solve connectivity issues. OT--The Hik HDTVI DVR motion detection is far superior to the sh*&ty Dahua as I have discovered with the 4 units I have installed (1000% better motion detection)

Agree with that, a scheduled reboot would be nice.

Also, I would love to see with Hikvision multiple DDNS support like with Dahua. With Dahua units many times I use the included DDNS free service which I give to the customer, and my own Dyn.com account. That way if one of the services is down I might still be able to log remotely with the other one, or if both are down at the same time it will be a better indicator that there is a problem.

Now it even disables hik-online if you use EZVIZ, which doesn't make sense to me. If you use EZVIZ, it doesn't let you configure a DDNS service at all on the unit.