Too broad of a question.

Please be more specific or your going to get 50 different answers.

What application?

What kind, PC/Embedded?

Resolution?

Compression?

Channels needed?

etc.

The more the better.

Can anyone tell me who makes the best DVR with Remote monitoring and remote configuration and ease of setup.

So far the trend seems to be:

Geovision (PC Based)

Video Insight (PC Based)

ICRealtime (Standalone)

But like kandcorp said, it depends on your specific needs...

To the original question I’d like to know more about your specific application, or to what “marketâ€

KrCCTV, "Premier Korean CCTV products Manufacturer"

So which one of your products do you manufacture??

I can find everyone of your Products as well on Ali or Global Sources.

I understand where your coming from but, see if you can buy any of ICR's DVRs from anywhere other than ICR. NOT POSSIBLE. I think those are pretty good grounds for claiming "Manufacturer".

[i'm well aware that getting this info takes two mins. But I want to make this perfectly clear. DO NOT post other people's contact info. Simply pointing out the site is registered in the US is enough. -Thomas]

Edited by Guest

Although I don't agree with how KrCCTV put it out there I do somewhat agree with his concept. ICRealtime just hasn't been around long enough with enough of us using them to put in a top list, they could overheat and fry after 12 months in a small office envirnment. We don't know yet, we also don't know how problems are handled when they are found.

but...

ICRealtime looks better on paper then any of the other standalones I have seen. (EDIT: and I have no reason to expect them not to live up to the claims, or that they fry after 12 months.)

I don't think each post needs to be encompassed by [iMHO] tags. The starter was looking for opininons and thats what was given, there is no definative top 10 lists for cars or cameras or DVRs and there never will be. All of our opinions are somewhat controlled by we sell as we have more experience with them. I have never seen a Video Insight system in use. I don't recommend them simply because I haven't had enough time with one to know. That doesn't mean I think they don't have a good product it just means I personally don't know for sure.

Agreed, lets get back to the thread subject. It all depends, like I said before.

What application?

What kind, PC/Embedded?

Resolution?

Compression?

Channels needed?

Features/Functions Needed?

etc.

To any doubters, i would say demo the icrealtime.

The clue is in the name,streaming is "realtime".

If web based is what you need this thing is truly amazing.

One of the best standalone DVRs on the market is still the Kalatel, now GE, they have a long track record for stability and security. The only thing they fall short on is the speed, though thats not a high concern in the security world, whilst quality and stability is. They do up to a 64 way multi view of 16 DVRs in one window, and you can open multiple instances for more DVRs. With total remote adminstration of the DVRs programming as well, right down to the Motion Detection Zones or locking the DVRs panel. Their Remote Client and Browser software is totally customizable also.

Another 2 would be Panasonic and Bosch. DM has also been around for years and is a favourite of many pros. Sanyo is another yet not on my list personally, though I havent tested it yet.

Those are the high end stand alones, then there are lower budget ones such as AvTech, Active-Tek, and Even Hi-Sharp and Everfocus are popular (though the last 2 i have used and not on my list of stable DVRs).

PC based there are quite a few, GeoVision is probably the most talked about. I would search the PC DVR card Forum for ideas on all the rest, also the DVR forum for stand alones. Use the forum to get ideas from feedback and questions, it may take some time, but it may be worth it. I havent used Video Insight also, but from the specs and screen shots, and knowing what cards they use, i'm sure it's all that and more. Then there's Iview, and more recently Avermedia, and a whole list of others like Digiflower, Anykeeper, DigiVue, etc.

I think one has to ask themselves first, what is their budget, are they PC literate, and if concerned about remote video, what would be the available bandwidth upload speed at the DVR location. But money is one of the main factors .. unless you have an open wallet. Then you can look at what features you are going to need, or whether it should be a PC Windows Based or RTOS standalone plug & play unit.

Thank God not a single one Kandcorp – been there before (what a headache)!

When we started we were the only direct US source for one Korean Manufacturer (in essence their US office - - our business cards had their name on it, our email through their domain) but we have since expanded and are now the domestic "direct sales channel" for a group of (what we consider to be) Premier South Korean (KR) CCTV Product Manufacturers… and yes… even some Chinese accessories where the stuff is pretty much all the same, margins are at “dirt levels,â€

Other questions in addition to above and they were good ones… following not necessarily in order (most all can be answered with application details)…

Serious application or as a toy (would you buy your mother a discount pacemaker)? How critical? Redundancy? Single location or multiple? Future Expansion? Cable runs vs. multiple units vs. analog/IP combo vs. NVR? Number of users? From where? Always? PDA? Storage required (really… are you sure… do you know how long it takes to review a year’s worth of video?). Audio (trade-offs / legality)? Interface to other devices necessary or beneficial? POS / text overlay or searchable? Back-up or export required (no, total daily back-up to cd is not a viable option)? Browser interface required and why (even if at expense of other features?) Remote back-up? Automatic? Customization of unit / interface appealing or required (no, not available in pink)? And on… and on… with questions about the application, their problems, what they expect the system to do for them (it's just a tool, not the end all)...given answers to certain questions along the way causing sharp turns in the direction of one’s recommendations.