Sign in to follow this  
saasfaan

view mutitple DVR on 1 dvr

Hello guys.

I have 1 hikvison DVR at my office. Everything online with a static IP

And now setting up cctv at my 2nd office with a new internet connection same as my 1st office.

I wanted to know whether I can view the 1st CCTV setup in my new office without a CPU or laptop.

If yes then plz say whether I wud need a same hikvision DVR or it can work out with any other company DVR.

My requirement is I want to view all cameras on 1 screen while am at office and when I don't carry my laptop etc.

Thanks

You can if on the new office you use a NVR instead of a DVR. With a NVR you could connect to the video streams of the DVR on the other office like if they are IP cameras.

You need 4 cameras on the new office? Get a 8ch NVR with 4 IP cameras. Channels 1-4 will be the local IP cameras, chanel 5-8 will be the remote analog cameras on the remote DVR.

Thanks guys... I have a 8channel DVR with all 8 slots full at my old office and plannin the same at my new office and I have normal bullet cameras and not the IP cameras.

Any other solution guys?

You will need a computer with iVMS-4200, that way you can see on a single monitor all 16 cameras.

You could also use some embedded device with Android. Or if a small screen suits you, just a tablet with iVMS-4500.

It may not be the most efficient but you could set up a computer at your 1st office that's connected to your dvr and use Teamviewer (or Teamviewer like service) from your 2nd office. This would not be the most ideal but it would probably be the cheapest solution.

If you don't care about the lag of the streams: buy an android box and install IP cam viewer (pro) and connect it to a TV screen. Forward the ports of both DVR 1 and DVR 2 on your modem (assuming you have most of the time the same Ip address). Use that to configure the app on Android so you can watch all the cameras at once. Furthermore you can watch cameras everywhere when you have Internet access on your mobile device.

If you do care about the lag, you have to use a pc or nvr.

Hi. Change recorder brand to say like avermedia and then you can.

At office you have an 8 way ........ You would have to change that to a 16 way to have all 8 at office and 8 from other location .

Or 16 way at both ........ And both locations will record both.