Jkevin

Introduce HDCVI

HDCVI (High Definition HD over Coax Solution)

HDCVI is HD video transmission using RG59,RG6 and Cat5e. This Technology using long distance HD transmission up to 1600ft. HDCVI technology is a better solution compare with IP system and analog system, based on existing RG59 and RG6 Cable, HDCVI Technology is able to transmit HD over analog in 1080p up to 900ft and 720p up to 1600ft.

Analog systems based on older RG59 or RG6 cable still using on today’s video surveillance market, however many people are looking for high definition. Customer do not want to spend extra money on cabling and keep the existing cable to use on HD security system. HDCVI technology is here to overcome the gap and give a 720P or 1080P solution to those with an analog system already in customer side. I bought icaremore HDCVI package, it is quite good to me. No need to have new cable is required when upgrading existing analog systems to high definition when you decide to use HDCVI Technology.

The Reason to Use HD CVI

• Easy upgrade to HD1080p & 720p

• Progressive video

• Long Distance Transmission: HDCVI=500m v.s. HDSDI=100m

• Compatible with standard video balms

• 3 Signals in 1 Coaxial Cable: Video: Audio: PTZ control

Supports for:

HD video: 720P@25fps, 720P@30fps, 720P@50fps, 720P@60fps, 1080P@25fps, 1080P@30fps

Audio input: 16bit@8Khz, 16KHz

Coaxial two-way control

263521_1.jpg

How Does HD CVI Go on the market?

263521_2.jpg

Edited by Guest

I am one of the most conservative people I know, I don't like change.

The most interesting feature from my point of view, is the ability to use standard baluns.

I was told this earlier today, now that I've heard this twice in one day from different sources,

I am interested to learn more.

Another problem is distance

Over coax max 150 it does 1080 after that and over cat it's down to 720p

Sales pitch is easy upgrade for coax but it is also a camera resolution fall back something your not going to get with IP

If something is good for a company then they keep hold of it .... For some reason dahua have already sold off a licence

I thinks would be huge if Avigilon and Axis would come out with analog/HDcvi/HDtvi encoders. The cost savings for upgrading to HD could be huge. But the current HDcvi/HDtvi are limited to small systems. Without encoders we can't use VMS platforms.

FYI Milestone does support the HDCVI and HDTVI DVRs as encoders.

Edited by Guest

I thinks would be huge if Axis and Axis would come out with analog/HDcvi/HDtvi encoders. The cost savings for upgrading to HD could be huge. But the current HDcvi/HDtvi are limited to small systems without with encoders that work with VMS platforms.

Sorry, but would you explain that in more simple terms please?

Sorry, but would you explain that in more simple terms please?

Example

4 TVI cams ---> connected to TVI Enc-----> connected by TCP/IP to VMS

Get it ?

You CAN use a HDCVI/HDTVI DVR as an encoder.

I am not sure how easy it will be for a software platform to connect, but with both Dahua and Hikvision a DVR can be used to turn an analog video feed to a digital stream. You can then connect to that video stream via IP.

Like; you can connect 4 HDTVI cameras to a Hikvision HDTVI (Turbo HD, as they call it) DVR. And then you could connect from a Hikvision NVR to those 4 cameras just as if they were IP cameras.

You CAN use a HDCVI/HDTVI DVR as an encoder.

Those encoders I linked to are basically just DVR's without drives.

Another problem is distance

Over coax max 150 it does 1080 after that and over cat it's down to 720p

Sales pitch is easy upgrade for coax but it is also a camera resolution fall back something your not going to get with IP

If something is good for a company then they keep hold of it .... For some reason dahua have already sold off a licence

Dahua sold off a license for CVI? I don't get what you mean? Any source? TIA

Hi. New products are protected by patent...... Protects them for first year or two

That's when a company makes its money ...... Being supplier

Usually it's over a year before a company would allow another company to also us that platform. And that's done by way of a licence .

Dahua have granted licence to USA Based Exar