Sign in to follow this  
BalooBear

Recovering videos from dead DVR

Hi everyone,

i am new to CCTV Forum and glad to join this community.

My DVR is dead but the HDD was saved.

i have the exact same DVR, i connected my HDD and switched it on.

The DVR recognised the HDD and shows it as full but i can't search or read the videos on it.

Any suggestions?

What do you mean you can't search or read it? Are you getting an error message or are you implying that you don't know how?

How certain are you that the previous DVR was broken and it wasn't a defective hard drive?

What do you mean you can't search or read it? Are you getting an error message or are you implying that you don't know how?

How certain are you that the previous DVR was broken and it wasn't a defective hard drive?

Hi Don,

i can see the files on the drive when i connect it via USB on my desktop.

When i put the HDD on the new DVR it recognises the HDD and shows a few Gigas left on the initial 1Tb. When i try to do a search i can't find any clips. Maybe survtech is right and the encrypted files are somehow linked to the old DVR.

i could just format the drive on the new DVR and i am sure it will work but there is an event on the HDD that i need to review.

Thank you fo your help

Hi. Watermark or electronic signature will not allow you to open on another dvr

But HD in your pc and you see the files should not be a problem

Either on a disk that came with your dvr or from makers website you should find video player ..... Use that on your pc to open file names

Thank you don,

i've put a new disk in the DVR and installed it back. i am keeeping the old disk until i find the right player to resd the files. The ones i found so far either don't work or play the video in fast forward.

Have a nice Weekend

Simon