Sign in to follow this  
xodid2

24VAC and 12VDC maximum distance

Hello,

I was wondering what is the maximum distance for 24vac and 12vdc on 18/2 siamese cable.

I will be connecting 2mp hd-sdi IR dome camera with maximum .7amp(IR on) for distance about 350ft. I will be using hd-sdi repeater, so video distance is not a problem. I have to decide if I want to put power supply on local site where 350ft cameras are or go home run from DVR location.

I appreciate your advices.

Im pretty sure you won't have an issue at 350FT. I am using 24AC on a run thats 1,250FT and at the end of the run i have a 24VAC to 12VDC reducer and i have not had any issues.

Im pretty sure you won't have an issue at 350FT. I am using 24AC on a run thats 1,250FT and at the end of the run i have a 24VAC to 12VDC reducer and i have not had any issues.

Then why not just use a 24Vac camera as there is already one built into 24Vac cameras.

Then why not just use a 24Vac camera as there is already one built into 24Vac cameras.

Because i am using it on an IP Camera, it goes into a POE over Coax converter transceiver that accepts 12VDC only. Its been up and running for a couple years now.