dalepres

200 dollar class PTZ cameras

Now that I've started buying from AliExpress, the whole world has opened up. The latest thing I'm considering is a 200 dollar 4X PTZ camera. I really need an outdoor PTZ but the application doesn't justify a 500 dollar or 1000 dollar+ class camera.

Has anyone used one of these or other cameras in this class of PTZ from AliExpress or otherwise?

www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Top-10-CCTV-Cameras-1080P-2-0-MegaPixel-IP-Camera-P2P-Onvif-CCTV-Security-Network-4X/1333999_1961416815.html

Now that I've started buying from AliExpress, the whole world has opened up. The latest thing I'm considering is a 200 dollar 4X PTZ camera. I really need an outdoor PTZ but the application doesn't justify a 500 dollar or 1000 dollar+ class camera.

Has anyone used one of these or other cameras in this class of PTZ from AliExpress or otherwise?

www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Top-10-CCTV-Cameras-1080P-2-0-MegaPixel-IP-Camera-P2P-Onvif-CCTV-Security-Network-4X/1333999_1961416815.html

Hi. Application does not justified a 500 dollar or 1000 dollar PTZ.

But your going to waste $200

First the camera listed is not a PTZ .... It has no zoom lens

And ignore there cloud service ...... Why have someone else watch your camera.

Sorry that's just more expensive junk

Looking for cameras from China ..... You also need to question there spec. And if you think getting money back is easy it's not.

I can guarantee that the demo pictures are not from that camera.

I might be wrong so worth checking with

buellwinkle

It's listed as one of his demos

ALSO I think we'll I know clouds move and change ......... So even that day and evening image is crap

Buying cheap comes with the saying buy twice.

It does save money looking at specs doing more homework both cameras listed above are bad spec cameras

image.thumb.jpg.7a3ae26fb90c9173fa4d38b39afef5c6.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.73dbc40e40047c676d8ff60830a7298a.jpg

Very funny on the cloud pictures...

I understand the risks of buying cheap chinese junk. I've bought some that didn't work out and I've bought some that did. I've spent way too much money on useless junk on my surveillance system - and as much of that junk was top name junk as was cheap Chinese junk. That's why I posted here to see if anyone had actually used one of these. I was actually hoping to get a response from one of the aliexpress vendors that hang out here.

My application is for a parking space. I have an informally reserved parking space at my in-town apartment. It's handicapped for my wife. The management put the handicapped space in specifically for my wife and for a few years no one else in our building ever had a decal or parked there. Now one other person parks there - he has a tag but can manage to run up and down the stairs with a case of water in his hands so, though I don't know what his handicap is, I know it won't hurt him to park one more space away.

In any case, the one ignorant neighbor parks there any time he thinks we're not home. When I have to park elsewhere, I just need pan and tilt to easily point the camera to watch my car rather than his car. I don't need the zoom though it would be nice. I have a decent, inexpensive (cheap Chinese) camera now that works great but requires tools to move it.

I would much rather spend 200 to 250 on this camera than 400 or 500... and if I give in to 500 then I end up looking at 600 and then 700. Pretty soon I find myself looking at 1000-1200 dollar cameras and realize I'm getting carried away. Up to now that's just meant the end of the search. This is the first time I've seen PTZ (even without the Z) cameras in this low price range.

The apartment is actually in a good part of town in a pretty low-crime and safe town in the first place - but, over the past 7 years, I've had my car broken into twice and attempts at least 3 other times I am absolutely sure of and likely more than that. So, I have more to lose than 500 dollars but a high-end PTZ (I know, 500 is not a high-end PTZ) is just so much overkill for what I need to do with it.

For now, I think I'll wait until someone in the US that I trust sells one - perhaps through Amazon - before I buy a PTZ. It doesn't happen that often that I wish I could move the other one.

I have a decent, inexpensive (cheap Chinese) camera now that works great but requires tools to move it.

If your already moving a camera about in that location ..... Keep it real cheap and just buy a pan tilt head from ebay. Can find them from around $30

image.jpg.8a9366d2cb7b64865530727faa25f323.jpg